39.

'the dead bodies got found in xxx alley last night in a very brutal condition. There has found two -'

The sound of tv got silent suddenly. The boy looks up to see his boyfriend holding  the remote in his hand staring at him, expressionless.

"i brought lunch for you, darling. Have it." he puts the trey in front of him. Before ruffling his hair and landing a kiss on his head.

"what about you Taehyungie?" jungkook voice was awfully cheery when he spoke. And the elder knows what the boy is trying to hide.

The fear.

The fear of getting caught by police. Its a silly thought and fear for Taehyung but jungkook don't know this. He is still not aware of his reputation now. He was afraid the police will found out about him shooting those men and they will arrest him.
He will upset his yoongi hyung.

"the night has alredy passed beautiful. Don't stress yourself. C'mon now eat."

Taehyung came near the boy and started feed him.

"tae"

"hmm"

The CEO raises his brows, asking him to speak further.

"I'm scared" he looked down. Suddenly feeling like crying.

"look at me" the CEO urged him to look up.

"why are you scared? What you did?" and the boy frowned. Blinking his eyes rapidly.

"come here." putting the food trey away, he pulled the boy to his lap.

"you did nothing, where you should be scared of. Those men were wanted and you helped the police in their work. We shouldn't leave people who trouble us, hmm? So you don't need to worry. Your Taehyungie is here, right? You are safe in my arms!"

Jungkook gaped. Staring back at the CEO who was smiling at him.

"really?"

"do you have any doubts on me, darling?" the man smirked, kissing the boy's cheeks.

"now here, finish it." and jungkook started eating.

From the morning, jungkook was just watching news. Changing all the channels every now and then.
Waking up with a numb mind, he only searched for the man. He sat there mindlessly. Calling the man, Who should be beside him but surprisingly was in kitchen making him lunch.

The CEO was busy in cooking for him as the younger has fever and he didn't let him out of the room, let along getting off of the bed. When he heard the voice, he immediately went to the boy, showering him with his kisses.

He helped him in shower , changed his clothes and made lunch for him, as he woke up late, Surprising the whole staff. But he really don't give a shit about anything when it comes to jungkook.

"it's really tasty Taehyungie hyung. But this porridge has the same taste. Yaakk!" he scrunched his nose, causing the CEO to hold his heart.

"ah! My heart is so weak, darling. Don't do this." and the boy finally laughs loudly. Taehyung just smiled watching the boy.

It's seems so easy for him to make the boy smile. To change his mood.
He had lie to him, yes, but that helped him to calm the boy. Isnt it good to lie sometimes?

"i need to finish some work kook-ah. I'll be in my home office downstair. If you need anything, call me okay?" he stood from the bed. Kissing the boy's temple and putting the phone near him.

"here is your phone. Just call and dont come out of the room. Yeah?" the boy nodded obediently before throwing a flying kiss to him.

The CEO finally shut the door close. He huffs in relief and made his way to his office.