25.

"minho are you okay?" felix hugged his knees as he sat down next to his brother, his eyes widened when he saw the bruise forming on his cheek, "oh min you're hurt"

he got up and ran to the bathroom to find the first aid kit, "look up" felix said as he sat down next to minho again, taking out some plasters and some cotton pads to clean the cut on his lip with.

as he disinfected the cut, minho winced, "i'm
sorry!" felix pulled his hand away.

minho shook his head, "i can do it myself felix.." he picked up a plaster and opened it, placing it on the side of his cheek where there was another cut.

"you didn't disinfect it.." felix said.

minho just laughed, "for a 13 year old you're quite smart" he turned to face his little brother, "but seriously i'm fine"

the boy frowned, "who did this min? was it one of your stupid friends" he asked as minho had been out all day and had just gotten home.

the older boy massaged his temples, "i wish this was my friends lix" he sighed, "how many more weeks of holidays do we have?" he changed the subject.

"one more week..why? are you scared to go back.." felix asked, "tell me who did this and i promise mother and father will take care of i-"

"felix please leave me alone..my friends didn't hurt me" minho got up and left the room.

felix frowned and cleaned up and put the first aid kit back where he'd found it.

after that day he noticed minho would be at home less often and over the rest of the school year, he stopped talking to felix.

minho didn't return for christmas that year either and it was probably the worst christmas felix had ever had. his parents were distant and he was alone in the house most of the time.

felix didn't understand what happened to make minho behave this way, for as long as he could remember minho was a really good brother who was always there for him and for him to suddenly leave him like this was strange.

he tried talking to minho during school but he refused to tell felix anything about why he didn't come back for the holidays.

"i told you it's nothing i just didn't feel like it" the boy said, rolling his eyes.

"just tell me-"

"felix shut up!" minho yelled, "i'm not telling you because.." he sighed, "because i'm protecting you okay? i can't tell you so please stop asking"

felix nodded, "okay.."

~

summer came fast that year and minho was finally back home, felix refused to leave his side for the first few weeks. he followed him around the house and would only leave him when he was out with his friends.

one day felix spent the whole day out with jisung and when he came back home he was horrified.

minho was arguing with their parents and kept screaming at them over and over again. felix watched as his dad hit his brother across the cheek to shut him up.

oh.

this is what he didn't want felix to know.

"what the fuck?" he ran over to minho, standing in front of him, "min are you okay?"

"felix stand aside, this doesn't concern you" his mom said, her voice sounding as serious as ever.

"felix just go, please lix just go to your room" minho said quietly, "p-please lix"

~