46.

minho stayed silent the whole way home, his parents didn't say anything either. he felt his phone buzzing in his pocket so he took it out, trying to hide it from his parents.

"give me that" his mom turned around, putting her hand out.

"my f-friend keeps calling.." he said, "can't i j-just tell him i'm busy?" minho asked and mother said yes, so he quickly sent off a text to jisung and handed the phone her, making sure to turn it off before he did.

no one said anything after that.

when they finally got home, minho was told to wait in the living room while his parents discussed something in the other room.

his leg kept bouncing and he kept scratching his palm with his fingernails, he just wanted to go back to jisung.

minho scanned the living room, he hated the memories of this house. he remembered his first fight and his last, he remembered how much they'd hurt him the day he ran away.

he remembered being threatened and manipulated by the people he loved most. minho took a deep breath, why did he come here.

when his parents finally came back into the room, he stood up immediately, "don't be scared minmin, we just want to talk"

he flinched as his mother placed her hand on his shoulder, "we won't hurt you"

minho looked up at her, "promise?" he knew what she was doing but he still fell for it.

"i promise dear" she told him to sit down, hand still on his shoulder.

"ow.." minho complained about the sudden pain in his shoulder as his mother tightened her grip, "s-stop-"

"why did you run away minho?" she asked, her voice sounded lower, "we didn't raise our son to be a coward"

"we didn't raise you to be like this" she finally moved her hand, "i thought you would've learnt after last time but apparently not..guess
we'll have to explain it again"

he stood up again, moving away from her, "please..n-not again" minho knew what she was referencing and he really did not want to go through it again.

he shook his head as tears fell from his eyes, "p-please!"

"how pathetic" his dad spoke, taking his jacket off and rolling his sleeves up, "only boys like you would cry"

minho shut his eyes as he felt a sharp pain across his cheek.

"i really didn't want to do this again minho"

~

minho sat on the floor of his old room, hugging his knees and holding back his sobs. he didn't want his parents to hear him crying. he sighed and wiped his cheeks, getting himself off the floor and onto his bed.

everything hurt, he couldn't remember the last time he'd been in this much pain. he winced when he ran his hands through his hair, the cuts on his hand and forehead were stinging.

he knew he looked terrible, and he felt even worse.

minho stared at the ceiling and wondered how long he'd have to stay here, he started thinking of ways to escape. he needed to get out.

he shut his eyes and thought about jisung, he thought about felix and how he would be safe because minho came back.

he tried to convince himself this was the right decision.

~