68.

minho shut his book and turned to face jisung, who was fast asleep. he ran his fingers through the boys hair and smiled at him, he looked beautiful. it was quite late but minho still wasn't tired, so he'd been reading for the past couple of hours while jisung slowly fell asleep next to him.

he'd been struggling with a lot of things recently, especially sleeping. every time he shut his eyes he felt like he was going to wake up in his old house, scared and alone.

having jisungs parents around made him feel worse, minho was never good with parental figures in his life, he felt like he could never fully trust them. he was also a lot less affectionate towards jisung because he felt like he needed to hide his feelings from the boys parents.

minho felt bad for putting a negative label on his boyfriends parents, he knew they were nothing like his own parents but he couldn't stop himself from feeling uncomfortable around them.

he sighed and got out of bed, trying his best not to wake jisung. he silently opened the door and went downstairs, heading for the kitchen. he opened the refrigerator, grabbing a bottle of water from it and then shutting the door.

he was about to take a sip when he heard a voice from behind him, "jisung?" the woman said, switching on the lights as she spoke, "oh sorry minho, i thought you were jisung.."

"oh um.." minho froze, he didn't know what to do.

"ji has trouble sleeping so i'd often find him in here snacking on something late at night" she explained, walking over to him, "he's been sleeping a lot better now..and i think i have you to thank for that"

she smiled at him, "is everything okay minho? you're awfully quiet around me..i really hope i didn't upset you.."

minho shook his head, "n-no! you didn't upset me..i'm just uh..tired" he replied, trying to avoid eye contact with her.

jisungs mom frowned, "minho..sweetie is everything okay? you've been on edge ever since you got here"

she rested her hand on the boys shoulder, and minho couldn't hold it in any longer, he instantly broke down and started crying, "oh honey don't cry" she hugged him, which made him cry even more.

~

jisungs mom sat opposite minho on the couch, tissues and a bottle of water in hand. minho didn't know why he'd broken down in front of her, he really didn't want to.

"i'm sorry.." he apologised, "i know i shouldn't cry"

"and why's that minho?" she asked him, handing him another tissue.

"b-because..boys shouldn't cry..it makes me look weak-"

she cut him off, "i'm guessing your parents told you that?" minho nodded and she sighed, "i've never heard something that stupid before, of course boys can cry min, it doesn't make you look weak"

"tell me, do you think sung is weak?" she asked and he shook his head, "but he cries a lot, does he not?"

"but that's diff-"

"no it's not, you're just expressing your feelings and there's nothing wrong with that" she explained, "minho i know how horrible your parents were, i know what you and lix have been through..but i promise you we won't hurt you like that"

"i'll love you unconditionally and so will jisung, you're safe with us okay?" he put her hand on his shoulder again, "minho, i will keep you and your brother safe.."

minho nodded, "thank you..i really mean it"

"now, do you think you could give me their numbers and address? i want to do everything i can to make sure they stay away from you and felix.."

minho took a deep breath, staring down at his hands, "yeah, um i can do that.."

~

minho is slowly getting better guys, maybe they will be happy