My rubbery quirk

"Leave him alone Kacchan, just because he's quirkless it doesn't mean you can pick on him!" I yelled.

"Watch it Izuku, I don't want to hurt you." Kacchan's threat didn't phase me, instead, it only made my determination to protect Makoto even higher. To solidify my rebellion, I stamped my foot on the ground and then yelled back at him.

"HURT ME ALL YOU WANT, I WON'T ALLOW YOU TO BULLY HIM!" Kacchan clearly annoyed at my behaviour, gritted his teeth while letting off a small explosion in his hand.

"Fine then Izuku, if you wanna get beat up so bad let's go you rubbery freak." At the time I was known as the 'Rubbery Freak', not the symbol of freedom I am today. Oh, I should introduce myself. My name is Izuku Midoriya, and this story is about how I became the symbol of freedom.

Anyway, let's get back to the day that changed everything. "COME ON THEN!" I yelled as I was struck by an explosion. That explosion knocked the wind out of me as Kacchan fired another one on my head. It was known that basic attacks like punching and kicking had practically zero effect on me unless you were super strong, which forced Kacchan to use his quirk every time we fought. It was also known that I was more durable than most people. That allowed Kacchan to use his explosions at full power when we were kids.

"Where's all that big talk now eh?" Kacchan snickered as he fired another explosion in my face. "Throw a punch you Rubbery Freak!" He taunted.

"FINE!" I tried to stretch my arm back, but before I could, Kacchan landed an explosion on my hand injuring it. "Ah!"

"C'mon, you have to have something better than that you freak." All I could do is defend. Back then I had no clue how to use my quirk offensively. I could only use it defensively, due to situations like this.

To be honest, the rest of the 'fight' was just me getting battered by Kacchan. As I've stated before, my offensive was practically useless. Once he was finished, he snickered and then walked away, leaving me and Makoto alone. "Are you alright Makoto-san?" I asked with a weak smile.

"Are you okay Izuku-kun?" He asked as he rushed over to me.

"Yes, I am. Now tell me are you okay?" Makoto nodded in response as I struggled to stand up.

"Do you need help?" He asked in a worried voice.

"No I'm fine, you get used to this after a while."

"That's not good, Izuku-kun you should learn how to fight back."

"I'll learn one day don't worry." I weakly laughed.

"Alright well I have to go home now, I'll see you tomorrow." I didn't see him the next day, apparently, he moved to another city due to family issues.

"See ya." Once Makoto was out of sight, I fell to the floor in pain as I spat out a bit of blood. "Damn it, he beat me pretty badly today," I whispered. "C'mon let's get home Izuku," I said trying to psych myself up. Once I was back on my feet, I began to limp out of the park and then make my way home.

My home wasn't too far from the park, which was a relief. Once I made it outside of the park and onto the main pavement, I knew that I didn't have the stamina to make it all the way home. Thinking fast, I made my way over to the nearest bench and then sat on it. My original plan was to sit on that bench for a little while to regain my stamina, but fortunately, something caught my eye that would change my life forever.

"What's that?" After a few seconds of sitting down on the bench, I noticed there was a manga near me. At that age I was really into manga, so on instinct, I picked it up. "Two-piece... what's this I've never seen this before." The front cover had a guy with a straw hat on his head and two other guys behind him. "This looks goofy." Even though I moaned about the book being weird, I still grabbed it and eventually started to read it.