Distant Memories

Cover page: Hawks and Tokoyami go for a walk.

"And that's why you're my one and only protege, I believe you'll suit my role perfectly," Hawks stated, making Tokoyami look at him with a blank stare.

"I get it but, I'm different, to be able to be so carefree isn't my style." The teen responded, making his teacher chuckle.

"You don't have to be an exact carbon copy, all I want you to do is make a society where even heroes can take breaks. I've seen your resolve, you're capable of so much and your spirit is that of an amazing hero, I just want you to live up to it." Hawks replied, making his student look down at his hands and smile.

Looking at his teacher Fumikage grinned, "I'll try to live up to your expectations."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to the annual showing of the World Hero rankings!" A powerful voice spoke, intriguing the students inside of the work studio.

"Ah it's the rankings, turn it down, we can just look at the rankings once it's done," The pink-haired girl demanded.

Heeding her words, the black-haired boy grabbed the remote and turned the TV down, allowing them to continue their work.

"I'm still amazed at how quickly you were able to think of something to make the suit out of so that he wouldn't be able to affect it." Draw smiled while looking at his blonde friend's work on a piece of battle armour.

"It's his natural enemy, when I finish with my weapons I'll create a new crowbar for you, it'll be far more sturdier than the last one." Melissa smiled.

Looking behind himself, Draw observed Hatsume's latest creation, "Who's that for?" He asked the girl, forcing her to stop her work on the other piece of equipment she was making.

"It's for Shouto Todoroki, he asked for an upgraded costume that can handle higher levels of ice and fire so I decided to throw together this suit. Since you guys requested a large amount of carbon fibre there was a lot left over so I made his new costume out of it." She replied, showing him the black outfit.

"I should make an outfit made out of Carbon Fibre too now that I think about it, especially if I'm going to fight Wolfram." Draw thought out loud making Hatsume laugh.

"I already made yours, Melissa told me to when she first came here, so I did that." She revealed making Melissa spin around and put her index finger on her lips.

"That was meant to be a surprise, but I guess you know now, that we built you a new costume, it didn't take long." She said, making him grin.

Walking around Hatsume's table, Draw looked down at his broken pipe. "I still can't believe Inazuma broke it without trying, it's like every time I look down at my pipe I see my weaknesses. I couldn't protect Australia or my weapon." Draw growled as his flames appeared around his hand.

"Don't worry, you'll overcome everything next time," Melissa reassured him, giving him a thumbs up while tinkering with her armour.

"I will, I'm going to the training room, I'll be back later."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~