Kai "Overhaul" Chisaki

Cover story: UA go on a mission to save Christmas!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twenty-two years ago, Kai Chisaki POV:

"Kai, hold still, it's past your bedtime." My father demanded.

"No, I don't want to sleep, I wanna watch TV." I squirmed, pushing my father away.

"Kai, you can watch it tomorrow, it's time for bed," He retorted, raising his voice.

At that moment, I wished that he would disappear or let go of me so I could run back to my seat in the coach, but... instead of him disappearing seamlessly or his hands disappearing from around my body, he splattered everywhere.

It was like a bomb had gone off inside of him and exploded from the inside out. "D-Dad," I called out as his blood dripped down my face. "D-Dad, what happened, DAD!" I yelled, grabbing at the pool of blood beneath my feet.

"What are you yellin-OH MY GOD KAI, WHAT HAPPENED? WHO DID THIS?!" My mother yelled, picking me up to cradle me.

"I don't know, Dad was taking me to my room and then this suddenly happened. I want my Daddy back, I want him back!" I cried forcing the blood from my body to slowly drift away and return to its original form.

A second later, my mother and I heard sharp breaths from behind us and when my mother turned around, my father was standing there with a shocked look on his face. "What happened, I swore I was dead?" He said with a panicked gasp, making my mother and I cry as we embraced him.

Deep down I knew I was the reason for that freak accident, but I didn't want to admit it. I was always a smart child but at the same time... a child.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Intermission: Suzune Chisaki (Kai's Mother)

Quirk: Fluorescent Eyes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, we went to get my quirk test and as I had been dreading, I had a quirk and my quirk was what I had theorised.

My quirk, Overhaul, had many amazing abilities, but at the same time, it had many terrible abilities. Being able to kill someone with just a touch made me flinch while being able to heal even the sickliest of people with just a touch made me feel pride within myself.

When my parents found out I was the cause of the incident that took place just yesterday, they were scared of me. The doctor suggested that I should wear gloves to restrict the usage of my quirk so my parents did as he proposed.

After buying it, we went home and my parents sent me up to my room so they could discuss things. Any other child would've listened, but I didn't. At the age of four, I was far more aware of my surroundings and my observation skills were way beyond my years. I knew exactly what they were going to discuss so instead of going upstairs to my room, I hid on our staircase and listened.