A New Dawn

(Since Across the Spider-Verse was so damn good, have a cover story on art related to it.

Props to the artist, I couldn't find their name anywhere)

Cover story: Izuku and Himiko cosplaying their favourite characters from the animated Spider-Man movies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun had risen on a new day and a group of teens sat on top of their assigned hospital beds to have a peaceful conversation about the events that transpired last night.

"My phone... it stopped working." Todoroki sighed, slamming his phone on his bed. "Now all of those wonderful pictures are gone." He cried into his pillow, confusing everyone.

"What pictures?" Midoriya wondered, trying to console his friend.

"None of your business," Shouto replied, scaring his friend.

"Okay... Anyway, how did none of us pick up on that helicopter above us?" Izuku questioned his peers, gaining a shrug from them.

"We were focused on Stain so our Haki wouldn't pick up on a Helicopter that posed zero threat. Plus they were really high up." Yūsutasu answered, giving his junior a concrete answer.

"You have a good point. Personally, I feel like us being recorded was a good thing." Draw joined in, eating a bagel he bought a few minutes prior.

"It's good and bad. The positives are that we got credit for taking down one of the most dangerous criminals in Japan, while the negatives are that the League of Villains were able to cash in on the situation and possibly grow in strength." Todoroki explained, sipping his water.

"Grow? Stain was one of their best guys, how could they grow?" Yūsutasu questioned his junior, confused why he said that.

"Stains ideals, they were things that many people could relate to. That means the League will seem like a family of misfits who bond over Stains ideals, it's pretty easy to understand when you think about it." Shouto told his senior, gaining a nod from the redhead.

"That makes sense." Kodomo agreed, finally understanding his junior's point. "I mean I understand his logic, I just think the way he's going about it is wrong," Yūsutasu admitted, gaining a look from everyone in the room.

"That isn't something you're meant to openly admit to." Todoroki sighed, shaking his head.

"Yeah, plus no one has the right to say whether we can be heroes or not. His whole "faker" argument had some depth to it, but it was flawed. Killing off heroes who did good deeds due to their selfish nature has a worse effect on society. If we're being honest, the heroes have only been able to keep the villains on the run because of their numbers. Once the hero society loses its numbers, the villains will put them on the back foot like before." Draw chimed in, piquing Midoriya's interest.

"What do you mean like before?" Izuku asked, curious to know how the villains originally had the power.

"Well I don't know that much about it, but I do remember overhearing my sister and father talking about it. Until five years ago, criminals used to run the world while the heroes used to be on the back foot, trying to take them down at every turn. All I know is that All Might and other top heroes dealt with it and everything was kept a secret. They even kept the fact the villains ran the world for nearly a century under wraps." Draw explained, confusing everyone there.