David's Mistake

Cover story: Young All Might and Young David Shield after a long night of fighting villains.

After a long night of fighting against crime, All Might and his associate finally finished their daily duties. "The sun is lovely isn't it?" Toshinori asked his friend.

"Yeah whatever, you need to get some rest, you're all banged up from that weird villain you just faced," David argued, making his friend laugh.

"I'll get some rest soon don't worry. Anyway, how about we go for one more drive around the city, we could catch something?" All Might suggested.

Looking at his friend with a concerned look in his eyes, David shook his head and dragged his friend by his cape. "No, it's bedtime Toshinori."

(As always, Creds to the artist. I couldn't find them, but if you know who they are; send them to me and I'll put their name here.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Running through an abandoned building somewhere in a small city, a brunette-haired man took out his phone and called the man he trusted the most in the world. "Damn it pick up Toshi." The man begged as he fell over. "Crap, he's not picking up." He huffed before calling someone else, who immediately picked up.

"Hey, Dad what's up?" The innocent voice called out, making the crawling man smile.

"Melissa, Daddy's in a bad situation right now, but don't worry I'm going to try and fix it. If I can't, please go to Japan and visit Uncle Toshi, you know where his agency is, they'll take you in." He said, trying to hide from an unknown entity.

"What's going on? I can leave my school trip right now and come home, are you safe, why are you talking like you're about to die?" Melissa inquired.

"No, stay on your trip, I'm fine trust me. Just listen to me, whatever happens, just stay strong and listen to the instructions I gave you a second ago," David reassured her, making his daughter sigh.

"Okay fine, I'll be home in a few weeks so I'll be able to help with anything you need." His daughter responded, putting him at ease. "Anyway, why are you breathing so heav-" Unfortunately, before the girl could finish her sentence, the mysterious entity ripped down the wall of the building David was in and used a metal beam to wrap him up, destroying his phone in the process.

"There you are Mr Shield, are you going to stop running?" An infamous villain smirked as he slowly approached the confined American.

Trying his hardest to wiggle out of his constraints, David began to do a trick a friend of his taught him. "If I can jus-"

"That won't work David, my metal isn't rope." The man sighed. "Now Mr Shield, like I told you earlier, I have a plan, a great plan and I need you to help me. You've seen the news from Japan, he's back and if I'm being quite honest, I don't want to rule under him anymore so I'm gonna need you to help me make this device." The criminal rambled.

"Never, I will never make a device for someone as unjust as you." David spat, angering the villain.

"David, why did you make me have to do this? I hate getting people's children involved, that's a tactic he would use." The man sighed, taking out his phone to show David a live video of Melissa at the beach sunbathing.

"M-Melissa, no stop Wolfram, I'll do as you please, just leave my daughter out of it." The elder Shield pleaded, making Wolfram smile.

Slipping his phone back into his pocket, Wolfram walked even closer to David to reveal his plan. "Yes, now this plan of mine. I need you to make me the device, hold an exhibition and as you're about to showcase it, I'll take it from you. It saves your reputation and makes me get what I want, it's a good plan no?" Wolfram suggested.