A King's Meal

"AND WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WHAT A WONDERFUL PERFORMANCE BY BOTH BOYS!" Present Mic commentated. "NOW THAT WONDERFUL MATCH HAS ENDED, THE AWARD CEREMONY WILL COMMENCE WHEN THE CONTESTANTS ARE HEALED AND REGAIN CONSCIOUSNESS." He explained, turning off his mic to join his fellow colleagues in the teacher's lounge.

"All Might you were right, Midoriya really is something special." Nezu smiled, sipping his tea.

"I told you, never doubt my ability to scout students." Toshinori laughed.

"We shouldn't, first Mirio, then Yūsutasu and now Midoriya. You have a special eye." Aizawa commented. "Although in my opinion, I still believe that Mizu would've been the better pick." He added, making Toshinori laugh.

"You really like that boy, don't you? I will admit, he is something special, but Deku takes good care of him and I think Yūsutasu is a better fit for my agency." Yagi explained, watching Midnight walk through the door.

"Don't tell me you guys are arguing about the second-year students again." She sighed, taking a seat next to Mic.

"No we're having a civilised discussion about them, unlike you, we can talk about our favourite students and not get mad." Aizawa teased her, gaining a cute reaction from his childhood friend.

"Whatever, Fuwa will always be superior to the other two." Midnight proudly swore, making the others look at her.

"Whatever you say." Aizawa rolled his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inside the infirmary, many participants of the last portion of the festival were relaxing, healing their injuries before they had to go back into the crowd to witness the award ceremony.

In the three beds closest to the right wall, three boys sat up, staring each other down. "You two look really bad," Todoroki noted, looking at the blonde and greenette.

"I could be worse, Kacchan bones were broken." Midoriya smiled, pointing to his childhood friend.

"If I were stronger they wouldn't be broken, that's my fault." He replied, struggling to keep his eyes open. "I'm so tired, my body feels like it's almost back to normal, but I feel so tired." He complained, laying on his bed.

"That's recovery girl's quirk, she speeds up the healing at the expense of your energy," Todoroki stated, getting up to grab a bottle of water.

"You guys fought your heart's out," Uraraka said, joining the boys' conversation.

"So did you, I was impressed with our match."

"Here you two," Todoroki announced, throwing two water bottles at Midoriya and Bakugo.

"Thanks, Bakugo, I'm still upset at my loss though. I feel like I could've won." Uraraka claims, trailing her fingers down her scar.

"In battle, anything can happen. You do have the potential to beat Kacchan, but you haven't learned how to utilise it." Midoriya explains, catching the water bottle and chugging it. "But don't worry, there's no need to be upset. You tried your hardest and nearly beat him, next time, turn nearly into actually beating him. He's not that invincible." Midoriya chuckled, gaining a death stare from his rival.

"Yeah Midoriya's right, when Bakugo threw me out of the ring I felt upset, but after watching his match against Midoriya, I knew that if I train my quirk and Haki enough, I could beat him," Kirishima added, walking over to Bakugo's bedside.

Whilst the students continued to chat amongst themselves, Recovery Girl received a message, notifying her that everyone who ranked first second or third needed to leave the infirmary and meet Vlad King near the locker rooms so they can get ready for the ceremony.