Dinner

Later that evening...(Y/N's POV)

Me: You're staying for dinner.
Scarlett: I should probably g...
Me: Ken, make sure catering know to add one more.
Kennedy: Yep, already done.
Me: Merci mon ami.
Scarlett: Y/N.

I turn around, realising I'm rushing around.

Scarlett: I don't think it's a good idea that I stay here. If it's really as unsafe as you keep saying, don't you think I should go back to New York?
Me: No. On thinking about it I actually think you're safer here. There are NSA agents literally everywhere with a 24 hour around the clock security team on the surrounding the house just in case. What happens if they found out who you visited today? You can't leave.
Scarlett: And I agree, but I have 3 kids waiting at home, wondering why I'm not coming back when I said I would.
Me: Then bring them here.
Scarlett: You know I can't do that.
Me: They'd be safe here. They're not safe on their own. I know they won't understand, and maybe they'll never speak to me again, but I just want them to be safe. America is probably the worst place they could be right now.
Scarlett: I can't bring them here, I need to protect them yes, but they can't be around you. I'm sorry.

Don't get me wrong, that hurts, a lot. But I get it.

Me: Yeah, yeah I understand.
Kennedy: I can make sure there's 24/7 security. Let me link up with Jack, should be fine though.

Scarlett sighs and rests her forehead on her fingertips.

Scarlett: I think this is all just catching up on me.
Me: I can go eat somewhere else if you need some space?
Scarlett: Do you mind?
Me: No, not at all. Hey Mark? I'll take mine to go, thanks.

The head chef, Mark, nods and smiles, before starting to pack my dinner into a tray.

Scarlett: I feel bad. Let me take that one, I'll go elsewhere for dinner.
Me: It's fine, I'll just go sit in the recording studio.
Scarlett: No, please let me.

She goes to take the tray, but I grab her hand, holding it for a minute, before she pulls away.

Me: I'll go, you stay. I insist.

I grab the tray of dinner from the counter top, then head down into the basement, placing my dinner on the desk and eating in silence.

Once I've finished, I leave the tray next to the door to remind me to take it back up, then pick up a guitar and slump on the couch in the centre of the room, playing quietly

Kennedy: That's pretty good for fucked up human.

I laugh as Kennedy sits opposite.

Me: Have you come to gloat about how much she hates me? Let me guess, the 'I told you so' speech?
Kennedy: I just came to see how my sister was. No gloating.
Me: Never been better. Does that satisfy you?
Kennedy: You know it doesn't.
Me: Well it's the only answer I've got for you, sorry to disappoint you. So if you came to give me a pep talk then you're wasting your time.
Kennedy: I'm just here as a friend, Y/N. She went upstairs crying. I think she's a little overwhelmed, she went to your room.
Me: She did?
Kennedy: Yeah, she wanted to see where you'd been spending your time.
Me: When I go up there she'll be sound asleep, you know that right? I'll have to sleep on the couch in the there.
Kennedy: Meh, it's your bed. I'd sleep in it regardless.
Me: That's being disrespectful, so yeah, I'd understand you saying that.
Kennedy: It's like an Emperor sized bed, I'm sure you'll have enough room. And hey, just because I sleep around it doesn't mean I'm disrespectful. And sometimes it's for work purposes.
Me: Good to know. Okay, as much as this conversation is riveting, I'm gonna go and make sure she's okay.
Kennedy: Let me know how that goes. Oh, here.