Are We Out Of The Woods?

Y/N's POV...

Me: "And you left! What aren't you seeing about my point?!"
Taylor: "I thought it was the right thing to do! I thought you would prefer not to have anyone around!"
Me: "I need everyone around right now! And you just got up and walked out of here."
Taylor: "What can I do to fix it?"
Me: "I don't know. I don't know if you can."
Taylor: "I need to ask you something, and I need a straight answer. You never said you loved me back, not once. Is that because you're kidding yourself that you're not still in love with Scarlett?"
Me: "I just didn't feel ready to say it back. I didn't think it was a big deal."
Taylor: "It was to me. You know, I remember you sitting by the water telling me you were falling in love with me on that video recording too."
Me: "Hey no, don't turn this on me. The fact is Taylor that you left, you just left."
Taylor: "And you probably ran back to Scarlett when I did!"
Me: "I actually sat on my roof for hours with my sister getting wasted. But if it makes you feel better for what you did then sure, believe I went back to Scarlett."

A sigh comes down the phone.

Me: "I'm sorry. I don't mean to snap, I know you said you wanted to talk."
Taylor: "I get it. I just thought I understood what it meant when you told me your life was complicated. This is a lot."
Me: "Now you get why I have a small circle. Letting someone in on that isn't something I take lightly. I let you in because I wanted us to work out."
Taylor: "I still want us to work out."
Me: "I'll try and figure out a time to come and see you, and we can try and work it out. Things are kinda hectic around here at the moment. If we're still missing each other by the time I can get to you, we'll figure it out."
Taylor: "Deal. And for the record I do."
Me: "Do what?"
Taylor: "Miss you. A whole lot."
Me: "Not going soft on me now, are you?"
Taylor: "I gotta go. Call you later?"
Me: "Call me later."

I head back downstairs to sit with Cosmo.

Cosmo: Not going to Arizona?
Me: No.
Cosmo: Are you and Taylor broken up?
Me: Not really sure what we are right now.
Cosmo: You should go, to Arizona. Taylor left the VIP passes here in case.
Me: She did?
Cosmo: Yeah. First show's tomorrow. You should go and surprise her.
Me: Yeah, maybe I will.

The following evening...

Tree: She's really nervous, just so you know.

I nod, following Tree to Taylor's dressing room. I stand outside waiting as Tree goes in.

Taylor: I can't shake it. It's like some major anxiety.
Tree: I know.
Taylor: And you can hear the crowd from here, it's overwhelming.
Me: Think I could help with that?

Taylor spins in her chair, her face lighting up as soon as she realises it's me, and comes rushing over, engulfing me in a hug.

Taylor: You came.
Me: Wouldn't miss it. But we gotta sort these nerves out. You're Taylor Swift, you don't get nervous. You're gonna kill it.
Taylor: I'm actually glad you came. I had a surprise for you which would've sucked.
Me: Oh yeah? Do I get to find out what it is now?
Taylor: It's during the show, you'll have to wait.

Taylor's mom enters, throwing me evils.

Me: It's nice to see you again, Andrea.
Andrea: Ms Swift to you. You're the reason my daughter's in this state. She's been sat by the phone for a day.
Me: I was travelling. I didn't want to give it away that I was coming. I promise I won't let you, or your daughter down again.
Taylor: It's not her fault mom, you know that.
Me: It's fine, I'll take it. I'm really sorry Ms Swift, I'll make it right.
Taylor: I have an hour before I go on. We should go and talk.