Back In The Swing

March 2030...

Mila (Y/N's character): We're in position.
Kate (Scarlett's character): What now?
Mila: Did you actually listen?
Kate: Yes.

Mila throws Kate a knowing look.

Kate: Okay no, I didn't.
Mila: You didn't listen?
Kate: What? You were explaining the plan to me while we were in a burning helicopter falling from 10,000 feet! I just made the mistake of falling in love with you and got dragged into this shit show. And now people think I'm the crazy one for flying out here to find you after you literally flew off the radar when actually, you're the hot, steaming pile of crazy!
Mila: Um, thank you?
Kate: It wasn't a compliment. And what do you even put on your resume for this anyway? Super psycho government spy who also happens to be...extremely hot in tricky situations and...

Kate feels at Mila's arm.

Kate: Your arms are amazing.
Mila: Just government official.

Mila pulls Kate out of her daze.

Kate: Huh?
Mila: Government official. You asked what I put on my resume.
Kate: Oh.

Suddenly, a grenade rolls along the rubble and hits Mila's foot.

Mila: Oh boy.

She grabs Kate and dives over the tipped over table, both landing in a heap on the ground, coughing.

Kate: Was that a flash?!
Mila: No, of course not. This isn't Call of Duty sweetheart.
Kate: Then what the hell was that?!
Mila: A frag, duh.

Mila pulls the pin from a smoke and throws it over the table as shots are fired, and pulls Kate through a doorway, diving behind the car.

Director: Cut! Awesome job ladies, thank you.

Scarlett pulls me up from my position and dusts my shoulders off.

Scarlett: Do you ever need retraining or are you always that good at your job?
Me: I guess I don't forget how to do things. You were good too.
Scarlett: You're supposed to say that.

Scarlett holds her shoulder in pain.

Me: You are good. You okay?
Scarlett: Yeah, fine, just a heavy landing. These old bones aren't as strong as they used to be.

She smirks and leaves the set, heading back to our trailer. As we enter, Rose and Cosmo are fighting over the PlayStation.

Cosmo: You said I could do it!
Rose: No, you suck at this game!
Jessica: Guys, don't you think...
Rose & Cosmo: No!
Me: Hi moms, you did such a great job on set. Not that we'd know because we flaked out after 20 minutes to argue over a game that isn't even real and we both suck at.

Jess snickers as Rose fires a mean look at me, before Cosmo snatches the controller to play. I instantly take it from him to be met with a huff.

Me: And before you say anything, you know why I've taken that. You have better manners than snatching. Go on, apologise.
Cosmo: Mom!
Me: Do I need to spell it?
Cosmo: Fine. Sorry Rose.
Me: Rose?
Rose: Sorry.
Me: Thank you.

Just then, my phone rings. It's Ollie. I stare at the screen as Scarlett grabs the phone, answering it herself and placing it on speaker as the kids go into the bedroom.

Scarlett: "You need to give her time, Ol."
Ollie: "How much time? I've given her weeks."
Scarlett: "You call her everyday, that isn't giving her time. You lied to her for a long time. We've both seen that she doesn't like lying."
Ollie: "Can you tell her to tell me when we can talk? I miss her."
Scarlett: "Yeah, I'll let her know. Bye."
Ollie: "No wait!"
Scarlett: "Bye Ollie."