Mastermind

June 2030...(Scarlett's POV)

Me: She wants what?
Will (Y/N's lawyer): Shared custody. She wants access to the kids whenever she wants, and she wants them to make their own choices on when they want to stay at her house.
Me: No, not happening.
Frank (my lawyer): Scarlett, it might be wise to consider this.
Me: There's nothing to consider. No, final answer.
Will: This is going to go to court if we don't settle now.
Me: Is that a threat?
Will: It's an assurance. If we can't agree on this then we'll keep pushing in court. It's as simple as that.
Frank: I urge you to think about this Scarlett. If we go to court, they will side with Y/N. She's done nothing wrong.
Me: It's not safe, Frank. Please don't make me do this. I can't let her have them.
Frank: Okay, um...would Y/N be willing to look at supervised access?
Will: Shared custody or nothing, Frank.
Me: If she's so stuck on this then why isn't she here to discuss with me?
Will: My client is currently unavailable. She feels that it won't make a different her being here or not. She feels that you seeing her won't help you to change your decision. She's informed you of her requests, which, to be honest, aren't at all unreasonable. She hasn't asked for anything else, Miss Johansson, and in my experience, high profile divorces get messy very quickly. She's keen to avoid that. So if you aren't willing to even entertain the discussion then I'll see you both in court.

I stand up, gathering my things and leave the meeting room as Frank follows.

Frank: Ms Y/L/N-Johansson please, I urge you to reconsider.
Me: Miss Johansson, and no. No reconsidering. I'm not putting my kids at the other end of a gun barrel. Not for anyone. So if you can't get on board with that Frank, I'll find someone who will.

I storm away from Frank and enter the Cadillac parked outside of the office, trying to avoid the paparazzi.

Jack: All good?
Me: No, she's not budging.
Jack: Would you if she was doing that to you?
Me: You're making it sound like a punishment.
Jack: It kinda feels like one. Look Scarlett, you and I both know that if you have to go to court, it's going to get very public and very messy. You can't legally stop her from seeing her kids, she's legally their adoptive parent.
Me: Whose side are you on Jack?
Jack: I'm not taking sides. I love you both equally and this is horrible to watch. And what are you hoping to achieve by doing what you're doing? The only people getting hurt are the 3 kids you say goodnight to every evening.
Me: I'm just keeping them safe.
Jack: Are you? Look, I heard Rose talking to Jess and Cosmo the other night. They want to see her, and they're planning on asking me to take them to the house in Palisades when Y/N gets home. They're certain I wouldn't tell you, but I'm telling you so you know how the kids feel. Don't keep telling them no without a reasonable excuse, they're smarter than that and you know it. How did you know where she was to serve her anyway?
Me: I'm not doing it Jack. I'm not putting them in danger, end of story. And I made Ollie tell me.
Jack: Fine. You do what you feel you need to do.
Me: For someone who says he's on the fence, you're being very one sided.
Jack: Apologies, won't happen again.

Y/N's POV...

Will: "She's not moving on it. I really think we're going to court."
Me: "Why is she making this hard? I'd go anywhere to see them, even the apartment she's taken over, which I own by the way."
Will: "You do?"
Me: "Yeah, why?"
Will: "I have an idea, although I don't think you'll like it."
Me: "If you're about to say what I think you're going to say then absolutely not."
Will: "It might sway her."
Me: "Will, I'm not telling my ex wife that if she doesn't let me see the kids then I'll have her removed from the apartment. That's low, and I'm not doing it."
Will: "It's your property. She doesn't legally have any standing by being there."
Me: "Then just for the sake of you not going ahead with that threat, I gave her permission."
Will: "Written?"
Me: "I gave her permission Will, that's final. Let's just find another way. Call me when you have something."