My Life Is Chaotic

Y/N's POV...

As Taylor and I continue to get more and more wasted, we get closer and closer. It's like with our brains being fussy, everything else stops mattering for a minute. She leans in, almost enough to close the gap between our lips.

???: Bad time?

I whip around to see Sean stood in the doorway.

Me: Who the fuck let you in here?!
Sean: Your security team. Are you forgetting that I pay them? They're on my payroll.

He helps himself to a glass of whiskey from the cabinet and sits opposite.

Taylor: Is this my queue to leave?
Me: No, this man isn't staying, are you?
Sean: Just a quick drop in. See I was in the neighbourhood, and I couldn't help noticing the plethora of media outlets outside of your gate, so I thought I'd investigate. Kevin, your guy at the gate, told me you're getting a divorce. Is that true?
Me: What does it matter to you?
Sean: I just wanted to make sure you were okay, sweetheart. And to ask why you haven't showed up to dinner yet.
Me: I'm still thinking about it.
Taylor: Who's this guy?

Sean chuckles as he sips his whisky.

Me: Taylor, meet Sean Lockwood, my birth father, who also happens to be the head of the National Security Agency.

He holds his hand out and Taylor goes to shake it, but I bat her hand away.

Me: No, if you shake his hand, you owe him something in return.
Sean: So is this the woman you're moving on with?
Me: Sean, why are you really here? And don't say it's to check up on my love life.
Sean: I need to go out of town, not sure how long for.
Me: Okay, enjoy that.
Sean: I didn't need to come here Y/N. I came to warn you. Francesca was spotted in Delaware yesterday morning. I can't protect you while I'm away.
Me: I don't need your fucking protection Sean, what aren't you understanding about this? And while I'm grateful for the security team, I don't need you skulking around here all the time pretending to care.

He drinks the last of his whisky and places the glass on the table, standing up and fixing his suit jacket.

Sean: The security team stays. There's also a team positioned as civilians and security inside and outside of the apartment your ex wife has taken refuge in. I'm just trying to help. It was lovely to meet you Taylor, I'm sure we'll meet again soon.

She smiles awkwardly and Sean leaves.

Taylor: That's your dad?
Me: Birth father, not my dad. My dad died when I was younger. But yeah, that's him.
Taylor: He's kind of intense.
Me: Mhm. Anyway, I feel sober now. Tequila?
Taylor: Thought you'd never ask.

And now here we are at 4am, completely wasted, lying on the grass in the back yard just watching the world go by.

Taylor: What do you think it means to really, really be in love?
Me: You haven't been?
Taylor: I don't think so.
Me: Um, to me it's pretty simple. The older you get, the more you really start thinking about the kind of values you want to stand for, and that means the person you're with needs to match those. To really be in love with someone means they align with what you feel the person you're with needs to have.
Taylor: What are yours? What does your person need?
Me: Patience, understanding. I'm a chaotic person, so I need someone who's the complete opposite of that. Someone who's calm, who I can scream all my problems at and they just reply with "tell me how I can help you."
Taylor: You wanna scream all of your problems at me?
Me: You already know them.
Taylor: So how can I help you?