Scoring Points

Y/N's POV...

I sit in the car, just staring at the removal trucks stood in front of the garage for what seems like hours when my phone finally buzzes on the passenger seat. It's Taylor.

Taylor: "Hey! We still on for dinner? I know it's a little late but I just got out."
Me: "Um..."
Taylor: "Oh."
Me: "Sorry, something came up."
Taylor: "Is everything okay? Do you need me to come over?"
Me: "You'd have nowhere to come over to, so no."
Taylor: "What does that mean?"
Me: "I'm staring at 4 removal trucks on my driveway filled with my stuff in. House locks have been changed."
Taylor: "What?! How?!"
Me: "I stupidly forgot that I transferred the house into her name when I moved back to LA the last time we broke up. Seems she remembered before I got the chance to."
Taylor: "So she just kicked you out?"
Me: "She was trying to tell me something before I dropped the kids off. I'm guessing this was it."
Taylor: "You can come over to my place if you want?"
Me: "I'm just gonna go to LG's next door. I have a spare key. Thanks though, and sorry about dinner. I'll make it up to you I promise."

I drive around the corner, letting myself in the gate and drive up the long driveway to the front of LG's house, parking up and letting myself in.

Me: LG? You home?
Lady Gaga: Kitchen!

I take off my shoes and drop my keys in the dish on the side table and wander into the kitchen, seeing LG cooking up some chicken.

Lady Gaga: What the fuck is going on next door?
Me: The devil kicked me out. Everything I own is in those lovely looking removal vans.
Lady Gaga: So you need wine.

She starts pouring a glass and I take the bottle from her, placing it next to me as I down the glass.

Me: She's never just fucking happy with an arrangement, she always needs to go one better.
Lady Gaga: I remember when you were like that.
Me: Yeah when I was like 16! She's 46.

She hands me a bowl of the chicken dish she'd been making and sits opposite on the kitchen island.

Lady Gaga: So what're you gonna do about it?
Me: There's nothing I can do.
Lady Gaga: You know the house on Corbett Lane is for sale. The one on the opposite corner. You could be a dick and buy it.
Me: Is it?
Lady Gaga: Yeah! Owners want to downsize, but it's a beautiful house. It's on the river so there's a dock too.
Me: You know what, LG? You're a smart lady. That would really fuck her off.
Lady Gaga: It would make it easier for the kids too, and it means your shit doesn't need to be shipped miles. You can leave it in my garage for now if you need to keep it somewhere.
Me: Thanks LG, that's a real help. I'll look into the house.
Lady Gaga: No problem. The house is on for €5.2 million.
Me: Child's dollars that. I'll make a cash offer of 5, they'll take it.
Lady Gaga: Well if you need any help. Oh, your phone's ringing.

I pick up my phone from the counter. Scarlett. I put the phone on speaker.

Me: "You know something, you really are a piece of work."
Scarlett: "I'm sorry to do that. I just want to the house back."
Me: "Why are you turning this into a war?! Two days ago we were on a level playing field, we were in agreement. What the fuck happened to you for you to become so cold?"
Scarlett: "I don't want to fight."
Me: "No? It sure doesn't seem like it! Scarlett, all of my stuff has been stuffed into vans and it's sat on our driveway—"
Scarlett: "My driveway."
Me: "Scarlett just do whatever you want. I don't care anymore. Take everything from me, like always. I'll have the kids picked up on a Friday so I don't have to fucking see you again. You've turned into a monster. What did I do to deserve any of this? Fuck you."