How You Get The Girl

August 2030...(Y/N's POV)

Me: In the closet!

Taylor strolls into the dressing room with more bags than she should be able to carry, and dumps them on the island in the middle of the room.

Me: The fuck did you buy? The store?
Taylor: Jack's bringing the rest. Thanks for loaning him out, he's actually really helpful.
Me: Wait, there's more? Good job I'm not broke, although I might be now. How much?
Taylor: You'll find out on your statement. Hi.

Taylor kisses me then slaps my cheek playfully.

Taylor: Anybody try and kill anyone today?
Me: Nearly killed Jess. She backed the car into a post, so that's currently being fixed. Nearly killed Rose, caught her trying to kick a ball around the yard with her weak leg. Cosmo's just being an ass, Scarlett's moping around in the outdoor bar again. Basically, the only person I haven't tried to kill today is Colin. He's actually cleaned the whole house, it's wild.
Taylor: Not going to try and kill me, are you?
Me: Depends on how much all of this set me back. Where did you go?
Taylor: Oh, all over the place. Selena was fed up of me an hour in.
Me: Unsurprising.
Taylor: Hey!

She slaps my arm jokingly.

Me: I'm kidding. Okay so, date night plan. It's your pick.
Taylor: More shopping?
Me: Absolutely not.
Taylor: I'm thinking we head out onto the Hudson? Picnic and watch a movie?
Me: You sure? We did that a couple weeks ago.
Taylor: We don't exactly have a huge amount of choice right now.

Taylor's expression changes, almost disappointed. I usher her to sit on my lap, and she does, wrapping her arms around my neck for support.

Me: I'm sorry. It won't always be like this.
Taylor: I know, I didn't mean it as an insult.
Me: How far are you off finishing the record? I have a good idea.
Taylor: Still searching for one more song.
Me: What about rather than a song you add in a voice memo? Crazy personal, it could just be you sitting and talking about something and playing guitar. Maybe record a video just on your phone and use the audio for the record, digital version can have the video.
Taylor: Talking about what?
Me: You'll figure it out, you're good with words. How about I make up that picnic, we go sit on the beach at the bottom of the house and just chill out until it gets dark? Put a do not disturb sign on the gate at the bottom of the garden to stop the kids ruining the night?
Taylor: Okay, sounds like a plan. You know I don't mind your kids interrupting.
Me: No, but I do. I have a song I wanna show you anyway.

So later that night, after agreeing that Colin and Scarlett would keep the kids entertained for the night, we head down onto the private beach that came with the house with our picnic and our guitars. Cooper follows us out.

 Cooper follows us out