Hug Me And Don't Let Go

The next morning...(Scarlett's POV)

Clothes thrown on the floor, my heels on two different sides of the room, and the inevitable hangover headache seeping into my brain. The sheets are scrunched up, barely covering me and the mattress to my left feels heavy, so I look over to see a wiped out Y/N lying on her front peacefully.

Then the memories of the night before come back. The rolling around the bed laughing so loudly with each other, actually enjoying each other fully for the first time in forever, and it feels like the first time again.

I trace the deep lines of the tattoos on her back as she stirs awake, turning her head to face me while her eyes still adjust to being open.

Me: Good morning.

I kiss her shoulders softly while she smiles gently and stretches into the bed further. She rolls over, opening her arm up for me to cuddle in, so I do, instead tracing the tattoos on her chest.

Y/N: Good morning. Sleep okay?
Me: Yeah, for the couple hours we got.
Y/N: How're you feeling?

I think about it for a moment, before looking up to her and kissing her jaw.

Me: Calm. You?
Y/N: Calm. Also so frickin tired, but calm. I didn't really expect it the night end like that.
Me: No? I did.
Y/N: Yeah well sitting in the living room completely naked with only your heels on wasn't going to be a spontaneous decision, was it?
Me: No, you're not wrong. But I didn't see you complaining.
Y/N: Complaining? Woman, I was dying. Literally dying, you nearly killed me. You know I have a weak heart.

She smirks lopsidedly, then kisses my forehead and pulls me closer.

Me: I like this. This no pressure, relaxed vibe that's going on right now.
Y/N: Yeah, it's nice.
Me: So what happens now? I kinda just broke the 'let's be civil' seal.
Y/N: I guess we did. You know where I stand, I'm all in. If you want this I'm all in.
Me: I do, but I don't wanna go to fast.
Y/N: We don't have to. I'll follow you. If you just want to have dinner and I go back to my house, fine. If you come over and you wanna stay the night, that's fine too. We'll go at your pace. I'm not in any rush.

Y/N's phone starts to ring, it's Kennedy.

Y/N: "Yellow."
Kennedy: "Yellow?"
Y/N: "Yeah, yellow. What d'you want, I'm busy."
Kennedy: "Busy like the time you and Taylor were practically fucking while you were on the phone to me busy? Or busy as in you don't want to talk to me busy."

I pull away in shock as Y/N's face drops.

Me: You were on the phone to your sister while you were screwing Taylor?! The fuck is wrong with you?!
Y/N: We weren't doing anything, she was just winding me up. It got heated!
Kennedy: "Wait, why are you two in the same place this early in the morning."

Kennedy changes the call to FaceTime and Y/N proudly smirks while resting her hand between her head and the pillow.

Kennedy: "You didn't."
Y/N: "Oh, I did."
Kennedy: "Talk about a total 180. Hey Scarlett."

Kennedy waves and I wave back while covering myself with the covers.

Kennedy: "Both of you have sex hair, so I don't wanna know. Anyway, I'm calling as your new assistant."
Y/N: "My what?"
Kennedy: "Assistant. You're hiring me, remember."
Y/N: "I do, although I don't remember saying in what capacity."
Kennedy: "Whatever. Anyway, as your assistant, I'm here to tell you that Taylor released a new song."
Y/N: "Okay?"
Kennedy: "It's about you."
Y/N: "I don't see why this is important. And how do you know?"
Kennedy: "Tree told me."
Y/N: "Oh."
Kennedy: "Just listen to it. It's called Gold Rush. You're basically being called a hoe on social media, but that's not what Taylor meant, the words are actually sweet. But some of the tweets on X are kinda funny, also kinda mean."
Y/N: "Okay, well none of that is new to me so it's fine. As my assistant you're going to have to get used to the heat. It just is what it is. Thanks for telling me though, I'll see you when I get back."