Nevada

May 2030...(Scarlett's POV)

Me: Could you just get your ass down here, we're going to be late!

Y/N slowly makes her way down the stairs with enough suitcases to take the whole of New York to Nevada to film the rest of the movie we're both in.

Me: We're going for 3 weeks, not a year.
Y/N: What? Outfits need to be on point.
Me: I'll say again, we're going for 3 weeks. You'll be on set, you don't need nice clothes.
Y/N: Say it as many times as you want, outfits need to be on point...I'm not wearing sweats when I'm off work.
Me: Whatever, could you let the kids know we're leaving?
Y/N: You just made me hurry downstairs and now back up there to say goodbye to the kids? Are you kidding? I'm frail.
Me: Yeah, yeah. Go, I'll meet you in the car.

She rolls her eyes and goes back to the kids, while Jack starts taking the suitcases to the car.

Jack: Sure you'll be okay? I can tell Frankie I'm coming.
Me: We'll be fine with production security. Have a few weeks off.
Jack: You know I don't like leaving you with someone else. It feels weird.
Me: And we don't like cheating on you either. Go spend a few weeks with your family Jack, you've earned it.

After what seems like days of travelling, we finally arrive at our home for the next few weeks.

Our team dump our suitcases in the rooms upstairs as I follow Y/N out onto the terrace.

Me: Doing okay in there?

But I get no response, she stares out at the water, leaning against the railing.

Me: Honey?
Y/N: Hm?
Me: I asked if you were okay, but I guess I just answered my question.
Y/N: Sorry, just taking it all in. I'm okay.
Me: Wanna tell me what's going on?

She sighs.

Y/N: Francesca got out.
Me: What? How is that even possible?!
Y/N: Friends in high places.
Me: What're you going to do?
Y/N: Nothing. You told me to leave it, so I'm leaving it. If she turns up again, I'll call Ken, she can handle it.
Me: Was leaving the kids a bad idea?
Y/N: No, it was a good idea. She won't go for them while I'm not there. It feeds her ego to let me watch people suffer.

I wrap my arms around her neck.

Me: She can't get to you here. Let's just have fun, work, and worry about it when we get home.
Y/N: Yes ma'am.

Y/N follows me back into the house and freezes as she sees the man stood at the front door. Ollie.

Y/N: What's he doing here?
Me: I asked him to come. You need to talk to each other.

She turns to me angrily.

Y/N: You know, you are unbelievable. You always just seem to think you know what I need to do or not do. If you put as much effort into doing that as you did actually understanding me, we'd have come home fine.
Ollie: I just want to talk, that's all. Five minutes and I'll be out of your hair.