Moving In

29th June 2030...(Y/N's POV)

Me: Thank you, for everything. I really appreciate it.
Realtor: No trouble. Enjoy your new home.

The realtor walks away, leaving me, Ollie, Florence and the kids with my stuff

Rose: Mom doesn't know you bought this right?
Me: Nope. I'd like to keep it that way for now.
Jessica: It's beautiful.
Me: It's definitely better than LG's guest bedroom, that's for sure.
Cosmo: Can we go inside and see?

I unlock the front door and the kids wander in, followed by me and Flo. I head into the garage to empty all of the boxes in there with Ollie.

Ollie: So how are you, really?
Me: I'm okay. Maybe still in a little bit of shock at how quickly everything happened, but I'm okay. I'm surrounding myself with good people, so that's a plus.
Ollie: By good people you mean Taylor?
Me: Yeah, she's good, patient. Puts me in my place when I need it. I like that about her.
Ollie: She seems sweet. And now you have this place to get sorted, which by the way, is stunning. That view, dreamy. You're having a housewarming right?
Me: Of course I am. 4th July, seems appropriate. Tay usually has a party at Rhode Island but we're bringing it here this year.
Ollie: Count me and Joni in.

It takes a few hours to unload all of the boxes, but eventually, we all sit down with a pizza and a movie.

Rose: So how's it going with Taylor?
Me: It's good. She's actually coming over soon, is that okay?
Rose: Mhm, that's cool.
Cosmo: I like her. She's teaching me how to play the banjo.
Jessica: And me piano.
Me: Gonna have my own family band before you know it. Could you guys take these empty boxes to the trash? I'll get us refills.

The kids take the boxes out while me and Florence head into the kitchen.

Florence: I'm happy for you, really happy. Taylor seems to have fit in well.
Me: Yeah, still early days, but it's going okay so far. Divorce is final so it's made it a lot easier on us.
Florence: Scarlett still calling?
Me: Blocked her number when she kicked me out. She's been sending messages through my lawyer but I've not been sending him back with a response. I even signed the papers in a different room just so I didn't have to see her.
Florence: Can I be honest?
Me: Sure.
Florence: This is really hard for me, Hailee included. We love both of you and we don't want to be stuck in the middle while you two are throwing punches.
Me: No one's throwing any punches Flo, at least not from my side. I wouldn't know what she's saying about me anyway. I don't really care for it.
Florence: Then I won't tell you what she said over dinner last night.
Me: Was it funny?
Florence: You really wanna know?
Me: Yeah.
Florence: She said she knew this house had been sold and said "of course she wouldn't buy it. She'll probably move back to LA and leave everyone like usual."
Me: That's rich.