Surprise!

Christmas Eve 2030...(Y/N's POV)

Me: "Okay, call me in the morning."
Taylor: "I won't need to."
Me: "How d'you work that out?"
Taylor: "Go to the front door."

I give Taylor a confused look over FaceTime, but do as she says, opening the door and instantly ending the FaceTime.

Taylor: Surprise?

I engulf her in a lasting hug, kissing her cheek over and over as Ollie comes in to greet her.

Me: You should be with your family!
Taylor: Mom said last minute she was gonna spend time with Austin in Pennsylvania, so I had free licence to come here. I missed you.

I pick up her bags and land them in the hallways for us to pick up later.

Me: Guys look who showed up!

The kids turn around and spot Taylor, each running to her and wrapping her in a hug.

Taylor: Nice PJ's guys.
Cosmo: You have some too, we made sure in case you could make it.
Me: Could you take Taylor's bags upstairs while we get a few drinks on the go?
Jessica: Sure. Hot chocolate with the white sprinkles or it's nothing though.
Me: How about a festive coffee liquor? Are we allowed those?
Rose: Only if we can taste it.
Me: Fine. Go on then.

The kids head upstairs while we walk into the kitchen, where Scarlett's already started the coffees.

Me: Hi.

Scarlett doesn't respond.

Me: Alright then. Tay, you wanna get the hot chocolate on the go? It's just normal with white chocolate shavings on the top. Chocolate's in the cupboard over there.

Taylor nudges me to follow her, talking as quietly as possible.

Taylor: What happened?
Me: Told her about Colin's secret burner phone the other day. She hasn't opened her mouth since.
Taylor: Pissed at you or?
Me: Hasn't spoken enough words to find out, although she hasn't spoken to Colin either so it's a mystery.
Taylor: Mystery? It's like a murder mystery before the murder happens. Like finding the killer before they have a chance to do the deed. Do we get to dress up and host a real life who done it?
Me: Dude, shut up.
Scarlett: I'm not pissed at you.

She turns around, handing us our coffees.

Scarlett: You weren't as quiet as you thought. You singers have bad hearing, makes for loud voices.
Me & Taylor: Probably the in ears.
Scarlett: Makes sense.
Me: You haven't said anything for days.
Scarlett: I don't know what to say.
Me: Did you talk to him?
Scarlett: And say what? "Colin, why are you planning to kill my ex wife?" Or maybe, "Colin, I realise you have a burner phone in a false bottom of your drawer in your nightstand but I'm failing to understand why that might be." See my problem?

Taylor and I look at each other.

Me & Taylor: No.
Scarlett: Whatever.

I follow Scarlett out of the kitchen.

Me: The sooner you ask him, the sooner he knows that we know, and I can move onto other people.
Scarlett: Do you know how insane you sound? You know, when your mom told you not to investigate what was in that box back in Northumberland, I knew you'd go ahead and do it anyway. So this doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is that you're putting more effort into this than you are just enjoying a peaceful Christmas with your family.
Cosmo: Taylor?! Could you come and put your PJ's on now?!
Taylor: Guess that's my queue.