Ollie

A few days later...(Y/N's POV)

Me: Why would she keep that from me?

Ollie pushes me a coffee over the counter and sits opposite.

Ollie: I don't know, I didn't even know.
Me: The only conversation I ever had with him was getting to know about him and his kid, and I didn't even know he was my brother because of her. I didn't even know he had a brother either. Did you know?
Ollie: I wish I could give you something but I really have no clue why she'd do that, and no, I didn't know. You should speak to her, no shouting though. Your shouting actually hurts my heart.
Me: That's so gay.
Ollie: What? It does! You never shout, so when you do you can always tell how hurt you are, it's horrible to listen to.

We laugh to each other for a minute, before it goes back to an awkward silence, one I have to break.

Me: So how's your new job going?
Ollie: Um, it's going. I dunno, I think I've just become so used to managing that this is a really big change, one I didn't think would be as hard as it is. How's your new manager?
Me: About as useful as me on a good day.
Ollie: So a complete waste of time then?

I bat his arm.

Me: But basically, yeah. Are you sure that's for you? I could really use you back.
Ollie: Ah Y/N, you know better than anyone that when you love something, you gotta set it free.
Me: That statement doesn't apply to everything. It's a matter of circumstance.
Ollie: Scarlett told me he said yes to a movie offer without asking you. Rookie mistake.
Me: Ol, it isn't even a Hollywood movie. It's just some low budget startup bullshit and he just went and said yes because he thought that was how it worked, so he ended up making more work for himself by having to go back to them and say no. He isn't you.
Ollie: You wouldn't want another me.
Me: No, that's because I need the actual you. I already know you can't leave the NSA, please let me talk to Sean. Maybe I can convince him to let you come back. If that's something you want anyway?

There's a moment of contemplation, before Ollie sighs.

Ollie: I want to come back, I really miss dealing with your stupid ass, but it's a lot of work and a lot of time away from home. Joni isn't going to have it.
Me: And the NSA isn't? That's probably worse.
Ollie: I know, but when your crazy mother came around it's not like I had a choice in working for them, is it?
Me: What about if you worked with Mark? He's a nice guy, just completely useless. A job shared is a job halved and all that jazz. You'd have more time to yourself and he'd be getting the right training on how to manage my workload.
Ollie: If you can get your father on board with that, then I'm in as of now.

I hug him tightly as he kisses my cheek.

Me: Thank you.
Ollie: I wanted to ask you something else.
Me: Anything.
Ollie: Are you okay? Like really okay?
Me: Yeah, I'm fine. Why?
Ollie: So if I asked how many projects you have going on right now it wouldn't be enough to block out the nightmares you're still having? Scarlett told me everything, she's worried about you, thinks you're wearing a mask again.
Me: Do I look fine?
Ollie: Me and you both know that you always looks great, but half the time you're having a meltdown. You can't kid a kidder.

I sigh into my coffee.

Me: I just need something to focus on, that's all.
Ollie: So how much did you take on?
Me: Told the label I'd make a new album and go on tour with it, writing a script, Neutrals is about to take off again with a new range, I'm looking at scripts for later in the year after I've finished rehab on my knee.
Ollie: Y/N...
Me: I know it's a lot, but I need something to focus on that's gonna take up my time. I have therapy sessions booked in twice a week for the next 6 months. I'm not totally ignoring everything, I'm just trying to make sure I start with a bang.
Ollie: See if I was still managing you, you wouldn't be going on tour. You can still back out of that. I mean, it's unlikely you'll be ready by then anyway, you took a bullet to the knee.
Me: Mark seems to think I'll be ready.
Ollie: As you said, Mark is useless. Let me make some calls, you need time, Y/N.