Answers

The next morning...(Scarlett's POV)

Me: Then when can I see her?
Ollie: She hasn't woken up yet.
Cosmo: Mom, I wanna see Momma.
Me: I know honey, I'm trying.
Ollie: Scarlett, she really hasn't woken up. You can't see her.
Me: We need to be in the room when she wakes up, so go and sort that out.

He stays put.

Me: Go.

I shoo him away and he complies, not before rolling his eyes, then heads to the reception desk to pull some strings.

Rose: Is Mom okay?
Me: Yeah, her knee is a little busted and her jaw needed putting back together again, but she's okay.
Cosmo: She's like a Lego.

I mumble away to myself as Ollie comes back.

Me: More like the Terminator.
Ollie: Second door on the right when you get to the bottom of the corridor and turn left. You're welcome.
Me: Thank you.

I usher the kids along with me, speed walking through the corridor until we reach the door, the guards at the door letting us in.

Y/N: Well shit.

Rose and Cosmo take the seat as Jess and I stand on the other side of her.

Rose: $5.
Me: Rose!
Y/N: In my jacket pocket.

Rose takes the note from the pocket and laughs, stuffing it in her own pocket. I kiss Y/N's forehead.

Me: Ollie said you were still asleep.
Y/N: Well I ain't, ma'am.

The kids giggle, laughing at her horrendous Texan accent.

Me: Never do that to me again, seriously.
Y/N: I missed you too. I'm okay, it had to happen, it was going to eventually.
Me: There's so much you don't know.
Y/N: My birth parents are alive and are sat on opposite sides of an invisible war, my father is the head of the largest security organisation in the world basically, my first rehab therapist's son is Alpha 5, which is terrifying because the last time I saw him, he was like 9 or something and now he looks in his mid 20's so I feel unbelievably old, and my youngest cousin is Alpha 4. James is pretty much done for after Kennedy got her hands on him, and my whole life has been a lie. Don't think I missed anything.
Me: So you've been awake before now?
Y/N: Yeah, Ken came and explained everything earlier.
Me: You needed to rest, she should've left me talk to you. How're you feeling?
Y/N: Pretty good considering, I think that's the morphine though. Are you guys okay?
Cosmo: We're good.
Y/N: Hey, I finished that song you wrote.
Cosmo: What? How?
Y/N: Without meaning to scare you, I was tied to a chair for over 24 hours so I had a little time to think about it. In between counting the amount of bricks in each wall of course.

Cosmo smirks, then places his hand on Y/N's. I look down and see the cuts around both of her wrists from the ties.

Y/N: You wanna see something really gross?
Cosmo: Obviously, I'm a boy. We like gross.

She lifts the dressing on her knee, revealing the bullet wound. Rose looks like she's about to be sick.

Cosmo: That's so cool! That's gonna leave a good scar.
Y/N: You think I'll look badass?
Cosmo: You already do, Mom.
Me: Okay okay, no more gruesome wounds for today. I think the girls are about to throw up.
Jacob: That looks like it could use a clean up.

Jacob rests against the doorframe with his arms folded.

Jessica: Who's this?
Y/N: This is Jacob. It's nice to see you again, how long has it been?
Jacob: 17 years.
Y/N: Now you're just making me feel old.
Jacob: How're you feeling?
Y/N: Meh, so so. How's your Dad? What's he up to these days?
Jacob: Still a therapist, Mom's still an interior designer. You know, the usual. But they're good, my sister's good too.
Y/N: Oh yeah, your Mom was pregnant when I met her so that'll be her. Strange to be meeting in these circumstances.
Jacob: Could be stranger, I'm just glad we got to you in time.
Y/N: Is my sister okay?
Kennedy: Ask her yourself.