It's Out There Now

Early November 2029...(Scarlett's POV)

Kennedy: "As a team, we would firstly like to say that the last 11 months have been some of the most difficult months that any of us have faced. As many have you have speculated over this time, there are some circumstances surrounding Y/N that simply don't add up to outsiders, and for that, we want to wholeheartedly apologise. Thank you for sticking by not only Y/N's family, but us as a team too, it really has been hard. At the end of 2028, we discovered a plan to kill Y/N, which never seemed to go away, and the only safe way to resolve this, was to remove Y/N from the public eye. Whilst we appreciate this may have been done in a sour fashion, we can assure you, the fans, that this was the only way to uncover the truth. As you all saw in Y/N and her family's documentary years ago her birth cousin, James, has never been fond of her, and whilst this doesn't explain a lot, the next part will. Y/N is very much alive and safe, in an undisclosed location, where she will remain until the NSA and Y/N's team deem it safe for her to come back to you all. James has hidden in the shadows for too long, behind a corrupt government system alongside Senator Vargas, who has been paid to allow James to run riot on all of our lives. Well, this is us flipping the narrative now, we will reveal the truth and work with all relevant organisations to put an end this. Please respect the privacy of the relevant family members and friends of Y/N in what will be the most uphill battle we've ever faced."
Me: Sounds like some sort of shitty speech from a movie.
Kennedy: I won't take offence because I didn't write it. Your publicist did.
Y/N: Leave Marcel alone, he's cool. So that's it? It's out there now?
Kennedy: That's it, it's out there for the world to read.
Me: You okay?
Y/N: Yeah, it's just like...a lot. Like, everyone knows now, you know?
Me: I know, but this is for the best. And I can't say I'm happy about you being so exposed, but it does make sense if we want to end this.
Kennedy: We've got the perimeter on lockdown so you're good. The kids are fine with Hunter, and we can bring them here at any time. Don't worry, I've got this.

Kennedy smiles and squeezes my shoulder, before heading out of the room, leaving me and Y/N behind. She sits on the arm of the couch, looking out through the windows that overlook the lake.

 She sits on the arm of the couch, looking out through the windows that overlook the lake

Y/N: All this moving around's got my head battered.
Me: I was gonna ask you how you were feeling, but I think that tells me everything I need to know.

I walk up behind her, wrapping my arms around her neck.

Me: Wanna go take a nap or something?
Y/N: Nah. I do wanna show you something though.
Me: Oh yeah?

I kiss her cheek gently.

Me: What?
Y/N: Come on, it's in the garage.

She takes my hand and I follow her along the hallway, reaching the door of the garage. She opens the door and turns on the lights, revealing a brand new Lamborghini Urus sat in front of the garage door.