A Surprise Appearance

Scarlett's POV...

Me: Y/N wait!

I jog to catch up with Y/N as she heads to Frank's office to see the kids.

Y/N: If you're going to say something ridiculous like I need to have a babysitter while I'm with them then I don't want to hear it.
Me: I wasn't going to say that.
Y/N: Then what? It's already Saturday morning so all the time I stand here talking to you is less time with them.
Me: I just wanted to apologise. You were right, it isn't fair to them to keep you at arms reach.
Y/N: Apology not accepted. See you later.
Me: Y/N please—
Y/N: No please, you made your bed. Just lie in it already.
Me: I really am sorry.
Y/N: Okay, thank you for letting me know. Can I go and see them now?

She begins to walk down the hall.

Me: It's Taylor's gig you're going to, isn't it?
Y/N: Why does it matter?
Me: Look, I know you two have been spending a lot of time together. I just hope you don't have the kids believe she's going to be another parent for them.
Y/N: What, like you did with Aubrey? Oh, and with Colin? No Scarlett, Taylor isn't another parent, she isn't going to be either. That's not even something that's entered my mind. Keep your nose out of my shit and I'll keep away from you. Seem fair?
Me: Y/N—
Y/N: Thank you. I'll drop them off tomorrow night.

Y/N's POV...

I knock on the door to Frank's office and head inside, to be nearly knocked off my feet by Cosmo.

Me: Get in here you two.

The girls join us, Cosmo crying as Scarlett walks in.

Cosmo: Don't go away like that again.
Me: I'm so sorry, I promise I won't let you down again. Never ever.
Cosmo: Never ever.
Rose: Are you civil or is this world war 3?
Scarlett: We're civil enough. Behave yourself, okay? I'll see you tomorrow night.

Scarlett kisses each of the kids then heads out, I front of us as I grab their bags. We take the elevator to the car as the paps take photos of us getting in. As I start driving, I take a different route, instead ending up at Taylor's penthouse again.

Jess: Is this home now?
Me: No, but I do have a surprise. Let's go.

We're let in by Taylor's security and head up to the penthouse, knocking and Tree answering.

Tree: Hey, she wasn't expecting you.
Me: Surprise visit. Can we come in?
Tree: Yeah, of course. Hey guys.

Jess' face drops, she recognises Tree and whispers to Rose, who then also gets excited.

Me: Taylor?!
Taylor: Yeah?!

Taylor wanders in with half of her makeup on and matching sweatpants and hoodie.

Taylor: Hey, I didn't think you'd come.
Me: Change of plans. Guys, this is Taylor.

Taylor greets the kids, hugging Jess who's still frozen.

Me: Sorry to interrupt, just thought it would be nice for Jess to meet you before tonight.
Taylor: You're coming?
Me: If we have your permission, yeah.
Taylor: Of course! Tree, can you make sure there's 4 passes at the door for these guys?
Tree: No problem.
Me: You guys go watch TV, I'll be right back.
Jessica: Wait, we're going to the show tonight? At MSG?
Me: Is that okay?
Jessica: Is that okay?! I'm standing in Taylor Swift's apartment and we're going to her show tonight and she's standing right in front of me and you're asking if that's okay?! Are you crazy?! This is the best day of my life!
Rose: Dude, you're 17, get over it.
Me: Okay, TV, go. I'll be back soon.