Entry #164 (12-08-2022)

Dear Future Me,

So I just turned 26 yesterday. It is a start of a new era for me. My 26th birthday is not as fun as my 24th, but I'm still happy and blessed nonetheless. It's my third year celebrating my birthday here in Naga, and hopefully on my 27th birthday (if I'm blessed enough to live another year), I'd be celebrating it back at home.

This coming new year is really a blur to me. I don't have definite plans career-wise yet. I want to resign here or just even be able to move out from Naga and into another city, but I'm not risky enough to just explore the world around me without a definite plan.

Okay. I wasn't supposed to write about my future plans on this entry. So let me just write what happened yesterday.

I woke up at around 7:30 am, and I'm feeling anxious because I have so many plans to do that day and I realized there's not much time. Like, I wanted to relax and watch some anime, but then I also wanted to get my hair done at the salon and have a mani-pedi. Plus, we also have a PKOT meeting on the afternoon, so I had to stay online on my work account.

Mom and Dad greeted me through Messenger, so I video-called them after I woke up. Mom was so sweet, she sang a happy birthday song to me "Happy Birthday Bhiebhielat" XD. And father composed a song for me "Prinsesa", which is basically just full of funny and teasing lyrics. 

I've accomplished some of my plans, like finishing the S1 of Slime series. I also somehow made my room clean enough for my visitors that evening. Then at around lunch I went to the mall, supposedly to get my hair done, but then it was too expensive, so I decided to just have a  mani-pedi. The salon was still full, and the next vacant time would be around 2pm, so I decided to ask Manil if she already ate lunch since her workplace is just nearby. 

Something weird happened. As I was walking towards the food court, I caught a glimpse of a poster playing a video of an earthquake drill. Then in my head, I don't think we will have an earthquake today. I just shrugged it off, as if the spirits hadn't just warned me of something. True enough, I never learned how to listen to my intuition. An earthquake happened just a few  minutes after I received a warning sign. Good thing is it wasn't that strong, so I was left unscathed.

After having my lunch with Manil, I simply went into the Nail Salon expecting to have a good service. But I was annoyed by the lady who did my pedicure. She wasn't focusing on the job at hand and even injured two of my toenails. I was super annoyed. It was a good thing I had the audacity to keep my mouth shut, but boy oh boy she pissed me. 

After I went out of the Salon, I continued to shop. I had fun shopping some new tops and a new sandal. All of it was on sale of course. And I was walking on my way home when... bham! I slipped. And not did I only have an embarrassing slip on the sidewalk, I also earned two huge scraps on my right knee.  (*rolling my eyes*)

Then later that day, I was also pissed by the guy serving us at the KTV bar. I don't know why my day was filled with annoying people. I let everything pass, but I wasn't happy at all. That guy really pissed me off. To think the food they were serving was so distasteful and overpriced!

Over all, I'd rate my 26th birthday a 6/10. It wasn't that nice at all. I'm also disappointed that  Sonny didn't even remember to greet me. I really am disappointed at him. I thought we were close enough for him to remember my birthday without the need to be reminded. 

Hopefully on my 27th birthday everything would be better. And hopefully 2023 would be a good year for all of us!

Not yours.

-26th version of me