Chapter 7:

Lauren's POV:

I woke up the next morning in bed and I slowly sat up. I rubbed my eyes before grabbing my phone off the nightstand. I checked the time and saw that it was 11:54.

I sighed before getting out of the bed and walking over to my suitcase. I grabbed out my lacrosse sweatshirt and put that on over top of my sports bra because I was cold.

I walked out of the room and into the living room. Aj was sat on the couch reading with her glasses on. She looked up and smiled at me.

"Hey Laur. So what do you want to do today?" She smiled setting her book on the table.

"Um I don't know." I told her sitting down across from her.

"Well I was thinking we could maybe go shopping." Aj squealed.

"Ok. I'd like that." I shook my head smiling.

"But, we're leaving here tonight and going to Cincinnati." Aj smiled. My eyes widened an I froze.

Cincinnati was full of bad memories of mine. That's where my mom died. That's where I was bullied. That's where I was raped. That's where my grandparents live. That's where Bryan lives.

Bryan was the only other guy my mom 'dated'. She didn't really date him. They went on one date, my mom didn't really feel the need for another date, then he stalked her.

One night while she was out buying some ice cream, he came over to our house, raped me, and then beat my mom up when she came back. That was the last time we ever saw him because he was sent to jail.

Sure there were good memories like I played lacrosse there and that's where me and my mom bonded, but it still brings back terrible memories.

"Laur you ok?" I was snapped out of my thoughts when Aj spoke up.

"Um, yeah. Sorry just thinking. So do you want to go to the mall now?" I asked changing the subject. She nodded.

"Of course. Let's get dressed then we can-" Aj was explaining but was interrupted by someone banging on the door.

"I got it." She said skipping over to the door. She opened it but slammed it shut quickly.

"Hide." She whisper yelled.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"It's your dad." She whispered. My eyes widened and I ran into the kitchen sitting on the floor, hiding behind the island.

"What do you want?" I heard Aj scoff.

"Where's my daughter?" I heard my dad say back. I rolled my eyes.

"Well wouldn't you like to know." I heard Aj and I could only imagine her smirking.

"Yeah I would. Now where is she?" I heard him ask again but through clenched teeth.

"In Cincinnati." My eyes widened. What is she doing?

"Excuse me?"

"She went back to Cincinnati."

"What? When? Why?"

"She left last night. She said that she couldn't stay here because she couldn't stand to see you. She said that you don't care at all about her and that you always push her to the side. You hurt her Dean. Badly. She was crushed. Lauren lost not only her mom, but she lost you too apparently. Well I guess she never had you considering you were never around and still aren't. The thing is that Lauren is an amazing person. I love her so much. She's sweet, funny, caring, loving, and so fun to be around. But you wouldn't know because you haven't spent anytime with her at all, whatsoever." Aj explained and I teared up. All of that was so true and it hurts when it comes out of someone else's mouth.