Chapter 13:

Three Months Later:

Lauren's POV:

It's been three months since I left my dad and came back to Cincinnati. I've been okay, I guess. I've basically just stayed at my house or hung out with Kacey.

I haven't spoken to anyone since I last saw them. Not Aj. Not Dolph. Not Joelle. Not Morgan. Not Mike. Not Roman. And definitely not my Dad. He really hurt me. Bad.

My birthday is in two days and so is Halloween. Me and Kacey decided that we were going to go trick or treating together. Kacey also said that she was going to get me a cake and a present. I told her not to but she insisted.

I rejoined my lacrosse team and we've defeated every team so far this season. Today we have another game which is in an hour. Me and Kacey are walking there together since her mom is at work.

I put on my jersey and my skirt. I then put on my socks with my cleats. Lastly I threw my hair up into a high ponytail with a bow to match my pink and grey uniform. I'm number 13 and Kacey is number 31.

"Knock, knock! Your gorgeous, best friend is here!" Kacey screamed coming through my bedroom door. I rolled my eyes as she jumped on my bed.

"How the hell did you get in here? The front door was locked." I asked chuckling at the end. She just smirked.

"I have my ways." Kacey said keeping her smirk. I playfully rolled my eyes again and grabbed my lacrosse stick and my lacrosse bag.

"Ready bitch?" I asked her.

"Yeah! Let's go kick some SUCKERS ASSES!" Kacey screamed before grabbing her bag and running down the steps. I laughed before chasing after her. I locked the door behind us before we raced down the driveway.

"So, how are we getting to the tournament that's next weekend?" Kacey asked as we walked down the sidewalk. I shrugged.

"I have no idea." I told her. She looked at me with teary eyes.

"What's wrong boo?" I asked hugging her from the side.

"Is this how it's going to be the rest of our lives? No one at our sides? I mean my dad's a jackass, your dad's a jackass. My mom completely hates me now and your mom is..." Kacey explained.

"Hey, we have each other. As long as we have each other, we'll be okay." I reassured her. She turned to me with tears threatening to fall.

"Promise me that you'll stay by my side the rest of our lives. Please promise me that you'll never leave me like everyone has." Kacey begged.

"Of course. I promise." I smiled before hugging her once more before pulling away. We walked through the woods which would lead us right to the park.

"Okay, now before we get there, I want you to know that.... I'm faster than you!" I yelled before running towards the lacrosse field.

"Uh, as if!" I heard Kacey yell before she started to chase after me. We laughed as we finally made it to where our team was warming up.

"Good. Matthews. Glad you girls are back!" Coach Ben yelled high-fiving us both. We placed our bags down and started to pull our equipment out.

"Girls how about you guys lead the stretches. Oh and I almost forgot, we need our team captains back. So what do you say?" Coach asked us holding out our captain bands. Me and Kacey looked at each other before smiling.

"We'll take it. It feels great to be back." I said taking a refreshing breath. He just chuckled handing us our bands.

"Let's go bitch." Kacey said pulling my arm towards the center of the field.