Chapter 46:

Lauren's POV:

I slowly opened my eyes to see I was cuddled up to Nikki still. I felt like complete shit. My head was killing me along with my stomach. I don't even know what's wrong with me.

I didn't want to move at all. I felt like I couldn't. Not just cause Nikki was holding on to me like her life depended on it. I was just so drained out and felt like well, shit. Plus I was way too warm to get up and get hit by the cold air.

I pulled my head up a bit to see Dad staring at the wall ahead of him while he held Mom in his arms. I smiled lightly seeing them getting along.

I laid my head back down before closing my eyes. I cuddle into the softness of the pillow and the coziness of the blanket.

I snuggled closer to Nikki to keep warm as I felt a cool breeze blow by my head causing chills to run down my back. I flinched as a sharp pain ripped through my stomach.

I heard a light snore come from Nikki's mouth causing me to let out a small chuckle.

"Laur?" I heard My Dad say from across the room lightly. I peeked my head up slightly to see him looking my way.

"Hi." I breathed out causing him to smile.

"You feel okay?" Dad asked quietly so he didn't wake anyone up. I shook my head.

"No."

"Your stomach still hurt?"

"Yeah. And my head does too." I whispered.

"If it gets any worse I'm taking you to a hospital." Dad spoke sternly.

"Okay." I nodded before I laid back down.

"You hungry?" I heard him call out.

"A little bit. Yeah." I mumbled back.

"Want to go get some breakfast? We can go to the hotel one downstairs so you don't have to change."

"Yeah. Can we do that?" I asked with a bit of joy in my voice.

"Yeah. Let's go." Dad whispered. I slowly pulled away from Nikki before I slid out of bed. I grabbed my Uggs and put them on. Dad slowly broke away from Mom and walked towards me.

"Let's go." He said grabbing his sweatshirt before we both headed to the door.

Once we got down to the breakfast room I 'filled' my plate with some grapes and a pancake with butter and powdered sugar.

I sat at a table in the back corner as My Dad walked slowly behind me. He sat down across from me as I started to pick at my food.

"You really must not feel well." Dad states as he shoves a piece of bacon in his mouth.

"Is it that noticeable?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"Well I mean yes and no. I noticed cause your my daughter and I know you love food yet your not eating much. Others would notice cause your tiny nose is red and your face looks really pale."

"So in other words, I look disgusting?" I asked with raised eyebrows taking a bite of my grape.

"No, no, no. That's not what I meant. I meant that you look sick. You just look like your super drained out and tired and, I'm not helping am I?" He asked looking up from his plate.

I simply shook my head before sliding my plate away.

"Laur you have to eat something. It'll make you feel a bit better." Dad spoke so quietly.

You can tell he's changed since the day I met him. He's became more patient and more...nice? I mean he still can be a jerk, but a lot better than he was a year ago when I met him.