Chapter 42:

Lauren's POV:

I woke up early this morning thinking over my decision. Thinking of it over and over and over again. Thinking whether or not it WAS the best decision to make in this situation.

I decided to just fucking wing it like every school assignment I've ever did. I didn't really know why this was all getting to my head. Why I was over thinking everything. Once again, that's not fucking me. Never has been, never will be.

Maybe it was because this was a HUGE decision. The biggest decision I've ever made. One that will change my life FOREVER. One that will decide my future. One that could be a mistake or could be the best damn decision ever. The decision that would mold my family picture. Who would be in it? Who wouldn't be in it?

I had already gotten dressed into a cute two piece dress that I had in my suitcase. I had thrown on my heels to match the dress along with braiding my hair. I had already brushed my teeth and washed my face.

I grabbed my phone before proceeding out the door. I walked down the hallway into the living room. Seth was sat at the kitchen table along with another guy.

His back was turned to me as he sat across from his Dad. He had dark, short black hair that was slicked back on his head. He was wearing some type of jersey with a pair of Nike pants. The guy had pale skin most likely from his Mom, considering Seth had dark skin.

Seth and the boy were engaged deeply in a conversation. Laughing and joking around. I smiled at the sight of them. The sight of them bonding and having a good time. I was quickly snapped from my thoughts when Seth spotted me.

He quickly stood to his feet with a wide smile.

"Good morning Lauren. Did you sleep well?" Seth asked stepping around the kitchen table. I nodded.

"Yes I did. Once again thank you so much for letting me stay here. I really appreciate it." This caused the guy sitting to snap his head in my direction. He quickly stood to his feet and damn was he tall. He was almost as tall as Seth.

Now I could see his face and damn was he cute. He had light blue eyes and a nice, defined jaw. A dimple very visible in his left cheek as he sucked in his cheek.

His eyes roamed my body while he moved his tongue around in his mouth. He raised his eyebrows at me finally meeting my eyes.

"Lauren, this is my son, Jackson. Jackson this is La-"

"Lauren Good. Otherwise known as Lauren Ambrose." He finished for his Dad. My eyebrows shot up at his bitter tone. I squinted my eyes at him.

"Why so bitter?" I asked replacing my confused look with my signature smirk.

"Well a better question would be, why are you here?" Jackson asked with raised eyebrows.

"Jackson." Seth warned nudging his shoulder.

"No it's quite alright Seth. I mean he has every right to question my presence, but that doesn't mean that I have to give him a fucking answer." I snapped causing Jackson to shoot his eyebrows up in shock. I smirked.

"I'm in a REALLY good mood this morning Jackson," I sung, "Don't fuck it up bitch." I growled lowly.

"Dad are you going to let her talk to me that way?" Jackson asked in disbelief.

"Lauren, just calm down a-"

"It's alright bud, I was just leaving anyways. Got some business to take care of, but don't worry I'll be back later." I smiled.

"Yeah, no one was worried." Jackson smiled sarcastically at me.

"I wasn't talking to you asswipe. I was talking to Seth." I said through clenched teeth before putting a smile on my face. I sashayed my way to the door.