-48-

the big spot

the big spot

DARYL HAD A NICE GROUP GOING ON THE RUN. Tyreese, Glenn, Bob, Zach, Michonne, and Scarlett were his choices. Well, Bob not so much, but Bob pleaded to go. Daryl decided to let him. Zach was a young man Beth had taken to. He was funny, always trying to guess what Daryl did before the apocalypse. He was nice to Scarlett to, informing her that he was in charge of her Daddy when in Woodbury. Declan stayed at his house, and Zach promised he had not seen the man since the battle. Declan took almost everything from Zach's house that he could survive with and bolted.

Scarlett was not surprised.

Scarlett hummed softly as she sat in the passenger seat next to Daryl. He rolled his eyes as she dug around for a CD. She found one, putting it in.

"No."

She ignored him, pressing play.

"No."

She turned with a wiggle of her eyebrows as the beat started. She snapped her fingers to the beat.

"I hate you."

Michonne snorted a laugh in the back. She road with them while the others took their own car. Michonne soon joined in singing causing Daryl to groan even louder.

"Sing it, maestro," she teased, curling up her hand into a fist as a fake microphone. She placed it near Daryl's lips causing him to just give her a look that dared her to get closer or he would bite. She grinned even more. "Spoil sport."

Daryl let her leave the song on as they drove. When they got closer, she turned down the radio as Michonne told her of what she found while looking for the Governor. She had been looking for Declan too, but she found no sight of either. Scarlett did not like the fact that her father was still out there planning his strike. She always kept an eye out on runs or when hunting.

"How'd you find this place, Dar?" Scarlett asked as she rolled down the window to match his. He was smoking a cigarette before they got there as he slowed the pace of the car. She gestured for his cigarette when he got to the end of it. He gave it to her, watching her smoke the rest of it.

"Army came in, put these fences up, made it a place for the people to go," he told her as he watched her flick the cigarette out the window after two more drags. "Last week, when we spotted this place, there was a bunch of walkers behind this chain link, keeping people out like a bunch of guard dogs."

"So they all just left?" Michonne asked him.

"Give a listen," he grunted, turning the radio off completely. Scarlett heard the loud music a ways away. She smirked. "Smart boy. Drew them out."

Daryl smirked right back. "Put a boom box out there three days ago. Hooked it up to two car batteries."

They all parked close to the store, getting out with their weapons and empty bags to get loot. Scarlett checked the rounds in her Python before holstering it. She took out her large hunting knife, swiping it against her leather jacket once for dramatic effect. She grinned, ready for the rush of killing walkers.