-99.25-

bible glock

bible glock

RICK WAS FULL OF GRIEF, BUT HE HAD TO SHOW THE OTHERS HE WAS STILL STRONG. Michonne had told him and Maggie exactly what Glenn and Scarlett had told her before they left. They saw no smoke. There still was no sign.

Rick had just saved Spencer from making a stupid mistake, and he was just growing more irritated. The back half of the herd was surrounding Alexandria. Abraham, Sasha, and Daryl were not answering the walkie. Glenn, Scarlett, and Nicholas were missing. No sign of them.

Carl walked over to Rick. "You think she's alive?" he asked, holding Annie in his arms. Judith was in Jessie's house as Carol had just dropped her off.

"No reason to think otherwise. She and Glenn are strong."

"Yeah, you're right," Carl commented. "I wish she just stayed with the group."

"That's not who she is. If Glenn was going to risk his life... she wasn't letting him do it alone," Rick muttered, gently caressing Annie's face that looked so much like Scarlett. "Don't worry too much."

Deanna began walking to him as Carl turned to walk away. "Rick, you saved my son," she told him with a small smile. "Thank you."

"Thank Tara," Rick grumbled, eyes moving to Maggie. She was rubbing her stomach in a way Scarlett used to when she was worried about him. He should go talk to her. It was their significant others who were missing.

"I already did," Deanna told him. "Now I'm thanking you."

"What Spencer did was stupid."

"I can't argue that. At least he tried."

"That's not the point," Rick told her, turning sharply. "I could have tried. There was a chance."

"How's that?"

Rick gave a sarcastic smile. "When the walkers were going for him, it made a gap. I could have jumped down, ran, made it out. I could have got in a car, used it to lead the walkers away. I could've went to find my wife. I could have done that and Spencer would be dead."

"But you didn't do that. Why?"

"I helped save him because he's your son," Rick told her.

"Wrong answer."

Rick hummed in response. He turned, looking back at Maggie who had reached the edge of the guard tower. She was looking at something in the distance. With wide eyes, she pointed.

"That's Glenn. That's Glenn!" Maggie shouted. "That's Scarlett and Glenn, Rick!!"

In the sky were green balloons flying away. Rick found himself smiling, knowing his girl was okay. Carl found his eye as he was also grinning.

Their grins fell at the cracking of wood.

><><

Glenn shook his head as it was growing darker. They had to make a move. They had to figure something out. He noticed a church below. He looked at Scarlett as she noticed it, too. She nodded.