-64-

reunion

reunion

REUNIONS WERE ALWAYS CONNECTED TO HAPPY MEMORIES. Scarlett remembered seeing Uncle Hershel for the first time after her Daddy went to jail. Seeing Maggie, Shawn, and Beth... She remembered seeing the group after the farm burned down. That was a happy reunion. However, this reunion... Hell, it just took the cake.

Every nerve, problem, and worry left Scarlett's body as she stepped out of the shack with Judith in her arms. Judith babbled a bit at the sun's beams hitting them, but Scarlett stayed silent as she felt her breath catch.

Tyreese followed her out, a smile on his face when he saw the massive group coming up the road looking more badass as ever. Scarlett saw them before they saw her. In the middle was her man and her boy.

Hell, it was fucking magical when Rick's eyes spotted hers.

He dropped everything in his hands as his legs worked faster than ever. Carl was right behind him, followed by Sasha.

Scarlett began running, meeting them in the middle. Rick's body fell onto hers, holding her tightly as they fell to the ground, sobs leaving Scarlett's lips. Carl joined them, his own eyes leaking tears.

"Oh, Judith. You're okay," Carl cried. "Scar, we thought—"

They were sobbing, all of them as Rick kissed Scarlett. He held her face tightly to his own, barely giving her room to breathe. He let go, taking Judith from her arms as he hugged her. Scarlett took this moment to grab Carl.

"Hey, baby," she whispered to him, holding him to her. "S'all right. Don' cry. You're okay?" He nodded, letting her check over his body as she always did.

Her hand came up to rest on Rick's face. He leaned into her touch. "Carol told me what you did. You helped save us."

"Always pickin' up after you, Grimes," she whispered to him, kissing him roughly over Carl's head.

Rick stood up, helping her do this same as Daryl stepped forward. He grabbed Scarlett roughly, holding her to him. He had never initiated a hug before. Daryl hugged her as if he would never see her again. "You just ran off, Red!? The fuck were you thinkin'!?"

"Had to save Beth. Where is she?" Scarlett asked, eyes wide as she looked around.

"Someone took her. Saw them leave in a car. She's alive," he told her as he stepped away from her. Maggie rushed forward next as everyone hugged everyone.

Scarlett noticed some new faces in the back, but she did not have time to learn names right now. She turned back to Rick, pulling him to her again.

"I thought I lost you for good," she whispered as Carol stepped forward, noticing the new blood on her.

"What happened?" she asked, gesturing to the shack.

"There were a bunch of walkers out here and he got his hands around Judith's neck," Tyreese explained. Carol tried to go in, but Scarlett stopped her.

"No, he's dead. I took care of him," she sneered darkly. "I had to."

Carol nodded, eyes going to Sophia who walked over to Scarlett. Scarlett leaned down, kissing her. "Oh, I missed you. You okay?" she asked, ruffling Sophia's hair.

"You and Mom saved us. 'Course I'm okay," Sophia said with a smirk.

Rick grabbed Scarlett's waist as Carl held her hand. They stared at the fire burning ahead of them. "I don't know if the fire is still burning."

"It is," Carol responded.

"Yeah. We need to go," Rick murmured, his voice gruff.

"Yeah, but where?" Daryl asked.

"Somewhere far away from there," Rick said, holding Judith close.

Scarlett winced as another cramp went through her stomach. Carl's eyes widened. "Are you okay? Is it the baby?"

Scarlett glanced at him with furrowed brows. "How'd you know about the baby?"

"Glenn," half the group muttered out, even the new guys, causing Scarlett to turn and eye the man hiding behind Maggie.

Glenn rose his hands in mock surrender as he backed up from the redhead coming at him. "Hey, hey listen. If we were going to die, I wanted to make sure they knew. You know? It slipped out really. I swear." Maggie moved out of the way. Scarlett reached him, pulling him to her in a hug. "You're not mad?"

"Just glad to see y'all," she whispered, backing away.

She noticed Rick staring at her stomach with an unreadable expression before he called for them to start moving. Scarlett reveled in the fact that other people she trusted were around to hold onto Judith for a bit. She stuck close to Carl and Michonne while Rick went to speak to the new guys.

"Who are they?" she whispered to Carl as Judith babbled in his arms.

"Eugene has the mullet and the cure for all of this," Carl pointed. "Rosita is the hot—I mean the one with pigtails. Her boyfriend is Abraham. Tall, redhead. And Tara is the girl with short hair. She was from the Governor's new army. Saved Glenn."

"Cure?"

"So he says," Michonne commented from next to her.

"What happened when you left the prison?" she asked the woman.

"Found Carl, Sophia, and Rick. Took care of them for you," Michonne said with a smile. Scarlett beamed at that. "We found Daryl later with some horrible men. Then, we found Terminus."

Carl smiled when Scarlett said, "Well, I'm glad Carl took care of y'all. Just like I taught him."

Michonne snorted a laugh but said nothing else.

Scarlett made her way over to Maggie, needing to talk to her about Beth. Maggie grabbed Scarlett's hand as they walked. "Daryl told me how y'all took care of Beth. Thank you."

"As if," Scarlett murmured. "Lil' Ass-Kicker and I were watching the best comedy of all time with those two around. We'll find her, Mags. Least we know she's alive." Maggie nodded, still sad as she glanced at the long road ahead. "What about you? Where'd you end up? With Glenn?"

Glenn shook his head. "No. I was still at the prison when it was getting overrun. Tara and I got out. Met up with Abraham and his crew."

"I was with Sasha and Bob. I left signs for Glenn to go to Terminus. We found each other before we got there," Maggie finished. "Can I ask you something?" Scarlett hummed. "Why is Rick not attached to your hip?"

"I think he's mad about the baby," Scarlett admitted. "But he'll get over it."

Glenn snorted. "Yeah, get over it. Your wording is awful."

"What?" Scarlett said with a grin. "I've accepted it. He will, too."

"At least he'll know whose baby it is," Maggie murmured, eyes twinkling in mischief. Glenn hit her arm with a shocked look. "Tryin' to diffuse the tension. Don' hit me, Rhee!"

They all fell in a fit of giggles causing Rick to turn at Scarlett's laughter. She gave him a gentle smile and beamed brighter when he returned it.

"He's worried because of how he lost Lori," Scarlett murmured finally after some time of quiet between the Rhee's and her. "Lori didn't make it. He's thinkin' I won't."

"We won't lose you," Maggie said strongly. "We won't."