True colours.

It was Christmas tomorrow. We all decided not to talk about what happened yesterday. And to forget about it. It wasn't the first time Dante bursted out like that and it definitely won't be the last.

We were all getting ready for Christmas. The decorations the food and inviting people. Dante hasn't came out of his bedroom ever since we got home. I spent the night with talking and making him feel better. He wasn't able to fall asleep but eventually he did.

He hasn't ate. He didn't want to yesterday but I let it slide. But I'm not letting it slide today. I made him some sandwiches. I'll also try to get him out of his room. When I walk in I see him staring into the ceiling not even bothered to look up to see who came in.

"I made you sandwiches"

"I'm not hungry"

"I don't care. You haven't ate yesterday so you're eating today wether you like it or not"

I here him sigh. "I'm really not hungry though"

"And I really don't care"

I walk up to his bed and place the plate of sandwiches on his night stand. He still doesn't bother to even look at me.

"You should leave me alone"

"I won't leave you alone. You're gonna go downstairs say hi to everyone and sit with us"

"Aurora. No." He said sternly looking at me.

"Why?"

"I just want to be fucking left alone okay!" He raised his voice at me.

"Don't raise your voice at me just because I want you to cheer up"

"I don't care what you want"

"And I care what you want. Those are our differences that you have to get over with"

He looked at me for a few seconds "Get out. Just get out"

"You can't keep on pushing people away. You pushed everyone away yesterday even Xavier. You're going to end up alone one day and trust me that isn't the best feeling to be alone."

"What could you know"

"I was alone all the time when my father pushed people away from us. They feared him. So they even left me. I was alone day and night. Stuck in my bedroom staring into blank space. Just like you are right now. And you know what was my biggest wish?"

He shook his head.

"To have at least one. One fucking person that I could talk to every day. That was my biggest wish of all. You think it's nice being alone because you didn't go through that stage yet. You have Xavier, Thalia, your parents, your brother. You even have me. And I didn't have anyone. Not even a pet"

He looked at me lowering his gaze.

"If you do decide to put your stubbornness behind we are all in the kitchen"

I say staring up and leaving him and the sandwiches I made him. No one understands how is it being alone until they do end up like that. Dante is being tough about it because he hasn't felt it yet.

He had and still has people. I come into the kitchen and everyone turns to me having some hope in their eyes that Dante came with me. But when they see that I came in alone their faces went dull.

"He didn't come with you?" Aria asked.

I shook my head no.

"Do you need any help?" I asked.

"Yes actually. Could you see how the cookies are doing in the oven. Because they're in there for like half an hour and they still haven't baked" Thalia said.