Moved on.

—1 year later—
I come into my apartment tired as hell. Happy that it's finally the weekend. Which also means I'm going out tomorrow with Amelia. I get greeted by Milo. Milo is mine and Amelia's puppy. We got him like 4 months ago.

"How was work?" My roommate asked me.

"Oh it was tiring as fuck"

"I believe you working at the hospital is tiring. Especially with so much people."

Yes you heard her right. I work at a hospital. No idea how I got this job but I did. I was the happiest female on earth when they accepted me.

I sorted my job first. One day I went into a cafeteria to plan my life out. And I bumped into my roommate. Amelia. I was saying sorry so much times. Because the papers she had in her hands went all over the cafeteria. And oh hell I was so embarrassed.

But I helped her pick them up. And because of me she had to sort them out again. And I do believe it took her a really long time. Because it was huge amount of those papers. I offered to help her to make it up to her.

I told her to sit with me at the table in the cafeteria and have a coffee with me so we could sort them out. She agreed. And when we were doing that we got along pretty well. I told her I was looking for a apartment to live in. But I was also looking for a roommate as to because I don't want to live alone.

She offered me to live with her. As to why her roommate that she lived with moved out to her boyfriends house and she also didn't want to live alone. So it was a perfect coincidence. As she said that day.

We got along amazingly. She made me forget about them. I do still think about them thought. But not as much because I'm just too busy with work.

It's been exactly 1 year since I found the whole truth out.

It's been 1 year since I've heard from any of them.

It's been 1 year since I seen any of them and I feel that was the last time.

Life wasn't the same. But it went on.

I couldn't let the sadness over take me. I had to fight. And I did. Now I have an amazing best friend which also happens to be my roommate. I have an amazing cute puppy. And an amazing job.

That's the thing that Alfonzo was talking about right? Not to give up and to live a different lifestyle. So here I am. I'm living the lifestyle that doesn't include murder, weapons, betrayal, anger and sadness. This is the normal life I've been craving for since my mother passed away.

Alfonzo also told me not to look back. And I didn't. And for once I'm actually glad I listened to him. It took time to get over them. Especially him. But I managed. I still love him deep down. He was my first love after all.

I didn't look for anyone and I'm still not planning to. I don't want some stupid love to ruin my life. Love is something small but it can ruin everything just by one silly move.

I moved hell away from Dante's house. I think I ended up being on the other side of the city. Which I don't regret at all. It was my time to restart. Me and Amelia went out to clubs and bars every weekend. Since I had weekends off of work.

We changed the place every time. There was just so much bars and clubs at Edlonton that there was still bunch of them to choose from. We don't want to pick any far away from the apartment. So we're staying close for now.