47

It was getting to that time when Gohan had to head back home with Sasha.

"It was so nice having you two over. Don't hesitate to drop by and come with (y/n) next time."

"Will do, mom. See you later, dad!"

"Bye, son!"

Sasha was giggling again and was having a good time being flown. She did great at her grandparent's house and didn't cry the whole visit. Hopefully, when they get back home, she will stay in a good mood and go to sleep soon.

It didn't take long to get back home. Gohan went in through the same window he left through and found a sleeping (y/n). The sun was almost set, and he didn't want Sasha to struggle too much going to bed.

"(y/n), Sasha and I are back. Did you sleep well?" Gohan gently woke you up, and you did a big stretched before getting up from the couch.

"I did sleep well. What time is it?"

"It's technically time for dinner, but don't worry about it. Sasha and I ate at mom's place, so I'll make you dinner and some tea."

"Really? Thank you." You've been with Gohan for years, and his kindness still surprises you.

"What kind of tea would you like?" He asked as he gave you a big kiss.

"Chamomile."

"Coming right up." Sasha was crawling over to her with her pacifier, and you had the biggest smile seeing her. You clearly need that nap because you, too, was in a much better mood.

"Sasha! Daddy said you had a good time flying today. Let's hope you'll be able to fall asleep tonight."

"Hopefully." Gohan chimed in as he started making some stir-fry.

Gohan did end up making some more food for himself. Meanwhile, Sasha did take a couple of bites, just like her dad. You enjoyed your food even more sharing it with your little family.

It was time for bed, and this time, you put Sasha to bed since Gohan spent most of the day getting her to stop crying. Thankfully, after giving her a small bath, she started yawning and was fast asleep.

It was a pretty eventful day for her.

By the next morning, of course, little Sasha was up and ready to take on the day. You and Gohan did make plans to continue working on the wedding. You needed center pieces, more decorations, and plan out the food menu for everyone. The outfits for the men were still needed, too, since most of the women's and girl's outfits were picked out.

It really can feel overwhelming when planning out a wedding, but at least there is plenty of time before the big day.

You and Gohan got ready, had breakfast, cooed at Sasha having her breakfast, and were off. It felt nice having paternity leave. You knew there was no way you'd be able to go straight back into the office without having a few days, or even weeks, to recollect yourself.

You knew people mentioned it enough times. But, you felt it could never be stressed enough just how taxing it can really be after giving birth.

You and Gohan met up with your wedding planner, and thankfully, everything was still on track. You were able to make some decisions on color choices, Sasha seemed to lean towards lavenders and lilacs, and it was hard to say no - they were pretty shades.

The meals were picked out and was able to save some money thanks to your planner.

After most of the decisions were made, Gohan suggested going for a walk in a nearby park and maybe grabbing some lunch. The park nearby was small yet cozy. Sasha was still a baby, but she was very curious about her surroundings. Gohan volunteered to take her around the park and show her around.

You thought it was very sweet.

You heard your phone ping, and it was an email from work. It was from your boss and they wanted to have a meeting with you concerning your position in the company.

Your heart sinks.

Your anxiety immediately makes you feel that you're going to get fired. What were you to do if you were getting fired? You just had a baby! You thought you had to call. But, your anxiety was getting the better of you. You didn't want to call out of anxiety. You wanted to call due to the uncertainty of the email.

You took in a few deep breaths and dialed your boss's number.

They picked up after a few rings.

"Hello, (y/n)?"

"Hi, good afternoon. Is this a good time to talk about the email I received from you a little bit ago?"

"Of course, what do you need clarifying?"

"Um, I wanted to ask about my future with the company. Do I currently still maintain my position, or am I being let go?"

"Of course not (y/n). I apologize for the mix-up and the confusion from that email. We wanted to have a meeting because someone is stepping down, and we wanted to know if you would be interested in said position. It is more responsibilities, but we were hoping the pay increase would help. We do understand if this isn't the best time due to you recently expanding your family."

"I would love to talk about receiving the open position. Thank you so much for considering me."

"You were one of our first choices (y/n). Again, sorry for the confusion and for cutting our conversation short. I have to step out. Does that cover things until you get back."

"Absolutely. Thank you again so much, and you have a great rest of your day."

"Thank you, you too. See you when you get back."

After hanging up, you felt such relief and was glad that you called. You also had to work on not assuming the worst in some situations. It was great that a raise was coming your way because with that money, you could either find a bigger apartment or even consider looking for a house. Maybe close to Gohan's parent so they could help with Sasha more often? You knew Goku and Chichi would be more than happy to spend more time with Sasha.

"Hey, I saw you were on the phone. Everything alright?"

"Yes, Gohan. I just had a talk with my boss and they told me that someone is leaving soon. So, they asked me if I wanted their position. It's more responsibilities but, I'd be getting a raise."

"That's amazing! Congratulations!"

Sasha was also waving and cooing. We took it as her way of saying congratulations about the new job.

"Maybe now we can afford a bigger apartment. Or maybe a house?"

"Hmm. We got so used to being in an apartment."

"I know. But, I'm open to the idea of maybe saving up for a hom. And maybe one nearby to your parents? That way, they could help us out more with Sasha."

"My parents would definitely be up for that idea. I was thinking that it would be nice to visit them more often."

"I think so, too. I haven't seen them in a long while."

"Mom did say to bring you next time."

"Okay. Maybe we can make a day out of it."

"Sounds good to me. Was there anything else we had to do for the wedding today?"

"I don't think so. We don't have to rush too many things thankfully. I think we're done for today. Let's head to that new spot for lunch."

"Sounds good to me."

Sasha raised her arms in the air again and wooed.

"Sasha is really just like her father."

Gohan chuckled as he set Sasha back into her stroller and started heading for the new cafe. It was days like these that you were really thankfully - spending time with your family and thankfully, gaining a raise.