41

The baby shower consisted of most of the afternoon. It was approaching about 6 pm and some people were starting to head out. Bulma stopped them because she talked about having a fireworks show when it got a little darker.

"A firework show?" You asked her.

"Yeah! I thought it would make for a memorable ending for your baby shower."

"That's so much to ask for."

"Don't worry about it. Think of it as a gift."

"Of course."

The sun had finally set and Bulma guided everyone to a seat that was set outside in her massive backyard. You took a seat next to Gohan and put your feet up. It felt good to lean on him. He had his arm around you. It reminded you of the year that you met his parents. It was cold at the time but there were fireworks then too if you remembered correctly. 

"Alright, everyone! The fireworks are about to go off!"

You watched as everyone got comfortable with each other. You remembered how homey it felt the first time you met Goku, Chichi, and Goten. You were feeling that same sensation again with everyone being here. You didn't realize when it first happened but your family grew from just you and your parents to Gohan and his family. All thanks to Gohan. You felt serene and protected being with everyone and now having such a large family. 

Your baby was going to be surrounded by so much love. You held onto your belly again as you held your face closer to Gohan's. He turned his head towards you and kissed you on your forehead. 

The fireworks started and everyone was in awe, including you. It was a beautiful sight to see all the different colors going off in the sky. The different patterns were exciting to watch. Gohan held you closer and kissed you deeply when he was sure that nobody else was watching. You held onto his face as you deepened the kiss. It was such an amazing feeling to be this much in love with someone you were going to raise a child together with. 

After the show finished, everyone started to get ready to go. You and Gohan started saying goodbye to everyone and thanked them so much for all the gifts and for coming to celebrate their child-to-be. 

When almost everyone was gone, you and Gohan went to thank Bulma for holding the event at her home. It was a night you two would never forget.

"It was my pleasure! I'm just happy everyone had a good time." You weren't sure when was the last time you hugged Bulma, but you did your best to hug her from the side since you were far along in your pregnancy now. It made Bulma smile. You said goodbye to Vegeta and Trunks. Gohan did as well as he started leading you to the car. That was when you saw Chichi and Goku.

"Hey, dad! What you still doing here?"

"Your mother wanted to ask if we could help you bring all the gifts home?"

"Yes, let your father take everything home." Gohan looked at you before answering.

"It would make the drive easier."

"Alright! I'll be right back then." In seconds, Goku delivered all the presents and returned.

"Hey there." He greeted with a wave after getting all the presents to your apartment. 

"Thank you so much for taking the presents home. We really appreciate it." You replied. 

"Anytime! Your mother also wanted to ask another question."

"Would it be possible if we stayed over sometime soon?"

"To stay over?" Gohan asked. "Is something going on?"

"Not necessarily. We just thought it would be good to help (y/n) since she's going to be due soon. I wanted to help since this could be the most uncomfortable part of her pregnancy."

Gohan pondered for a little bit. "That is true. She has been more uncomfortable since she is closer to her due date. What do you think, (y/n)?"

"I don't mind. Just let us know in advance so we can get things ready for you."

"Sounds great! I'm looking forward to it. You two get home safe and we'll see you soon!" Chichi exclaimed as she and Goten held onto Goku. They all said their goodbyes and they were gone in seconds. 

Gohan helped you into the car before getting in himself. You put on your seatbelt, breathed in deeply when Gohan got into the car and exhaled slowly when he started the car.

"How are you feeling?" he asked before pulling off the driveway.

"Tired honestly." You replied through a laugh. He smiled and started driving off. 

"Everything went better than expected. We even got so many gifts. We got way more than I would have thought. You're friends and family are so generous." You continued as you started shifted around in your seat to get more comfortable. You were thinking to take a little nap in the car. 

"Everything did go well. I'm happy everyone had a good time. I'm happy that you had a wonderful time at the baby shower."

"Of course I was going to have a good time. I know Bulma helped you put things together but I could tell a lot of it were your ideas coming to life. Of course, I was going to love everything."

He smiled as he kept driving. You took that as a cue for you to rest your eyes.

About an hour and a half passed and Gohan started gently tapping you to wake up. You didn't so he parked the car and exited. He went over to your side and carefully unbuckled your seatbelt and carried you out the car. He made sure the car was locked and made his way upstairs with you in his arms. He entered the apartment and walked into the bedroom to set you on the bed. He carefully started changing your clothes, to not wake you, and hung the dress he picked out. He placed your dress in the closet and swiftly changed out of his clothes. After gently changing you into your nightclothes, he went to take a quick shower. 

Getting out of the shower, he saw that you were still asleep. He smiled as he walked over the main bedroom switch to turn and turned off the lights. After getting into bed and lying next to you, he gave you a very soft peck on the cheek goodnight.

He fell asleep soon after and you were able to sleep through the night. 

You felt truly happy to have such wonderful friends and family to make your baby shower such a success. It felt good knowing you could depend on everyone. Including your parents.