06

You were able to go to bed and slept very soundly. You woke up feeling much better than how you were feeling yesterday. You took your time to get out of bed. The first thing you did when you were out of bed was made your way to the bathroom to brush your teeth and wash your face. When your face felt clean, you exited the bathroom to go check up on Gohan.

When you entered the living room, you saw his overnight bag on the side of your sofa and the sofa made. It actually looked much neater than how you usually keep it. Your mind felt a little boggled because you didn't remember it being this nice. Then, you smelled a delicious aroma coming from your cooking. You followed the smell. When you walked into the kitchen, you saw that Gohan was making breakfast.

"Hey! Good morning! How did you sleep?"

"Good morning, Gohan. I slept very well. I hope you were comfortable on the sofa."

The table was already set, there were two plates, two glasses of orange juice accompanied by forks, knives, and spoons.

"I was comfortable actually. Thanks for making sure I slept okay. How are you feeling today?" He asked as he began to put some scrambled eggs on your plate.

"I feel much better today. I don't feel as gloomy as yesterday. Not that I felt gloomy because you were here or anything. I don't want you to think that."

Gohan chuckled a little.

"I completely understand. I get when people have off days that it's not necessarily because of the people they're with. So you don't have to worry about that."

You let out a relieving sigh.

"Thank you for understanding." You took a bite of the scrambled eggs and your eyes widen at how good they were.

"These are great Gohan!"

'I'm glad you like them! Would you like waffles or pancakes?"

"Waffles, please!"

"With fruit?"

"Yes! Yes!"

"Coming right up!"

You smiled at the moment you were having with him. You couldn't believe he made breakfast. That was incredibly thoughtful. Especially considering you weren't feeling well yesterday. He came over as if he heard you had a cold and stayed with you the whole night to make sure you weren't alone. Then, he made breakfast to make sure you ate well. If only, if only it would be like this all the time when you didn't feel well emotionally or mentally. If only people would recognize that when someone doesn't feel well mentally, it's another form of being sick or not feeling well and it needs to be taken cared of. Just like if anyone had a cold, maybe a fever or sprained something, they go to a doctor soon after to get it checked out. We have to do the same thing with our minds when we don't feel well mentally or emotionally.

You knew that Gohan didn't know all the details but he just knew that you weren't feeling like yourself and that was all he needed to know in order to be supportive and practically nursed you back to better health. You noticed that sometimes, you do just need someone around to treat you like the human being you are.

When Gohan was finished plating your food, he plated his right after and sat down in front of you. He let out a finishing sigh. He showed his thanks for his food and you did the same. You both dug in.

"Thank you so much for making breakfast. I really appreciate it."

"No problem! You weren't feeling well so I wasn't sure if you'd be able to make breakfast on your own. So, I wanted to make sure you at least had a good breakfast."

You simply smiled.

"Thank you for thinking of me."

"Of course, (y/n). I really like you and I just wanna show it in whatever way I can."

"I don't want you to push yourself so hard."

"Oh believe me! I'm not. These kinds of things are normal for me. I make breakfast and such at home all the time for my parents and my little brother."

"You have a little brother. This is my first time hearing of him."

"Yeah. His name is Goten. He's still really young."

"Awe. He must be so cute."

"Kind of." You both laugh.

"Do you have any siblings?" He was giving you his undivided attention while having his mouth full of food. You thought he looked kind of cute.

"No. I don't. It's just me and my parents. I moved out when I started college."

"I remember you mentioning the moving out part during out night conversations. But, you mentioned that your parents don't live far. How come you moved out?"

"I just thought it was a good time to be on my own. My parents and I don't always see eye to eye on things so space seemed necessary."

"I'm sorry to hear that. I can understand the feeling."

"I know. From what you tell me how your mom can be." He let out another sigh.

"My mom is something else."

"She sounds amazing! I hope I can meet her one day." You blushed at your words. Your mind wasn't thinking. You didn't want to rush things with Gohan by meeting his parents too soon. You just really like the thought of one day meeting his mother.

"Sure!"

He didn't bat an eye. He just kept eating. His first plate was already done and he was going for seconds. You started pondering again as you kept eating your food slowly. You felt your stomach was a little upset this morning. You were pondering the moment you were having with Gohan and how serene it felt. It all felt so natural. You kind of wished it would always be this way with him.

"Oh! Would you be up for going to the fair?"

"Hmm?" You replied with a bunch of food in your mouth.

"Yeah. I was able to find another one not very far. I wanted to see if you still wanted to go. I know how much you wanted to."

Again, with the thoughtfulness. But, considering you were feeling better, you didn't see why not.

"Do you still wanna go?"

"I wanna go with you." You smiled and blushed at his response.

"Okay. We can go to the fair together."

"Great! It's a date!"

"Yay!"