42

All that was left to do was to wait to go into labor. Your doctor's number was on speed dial because the baby was due to arrive at any day now. Gohan was beyond thrilled. You were beyond thrilled for this experience to come to an end.  

You were more anxious than excited.

You knew everything was going to be okay but you knew a great deal of pain and discomfort was coming your way. Especially since this is your first delivery. You heard the first time is always the hardest.  But, Gohan has done nothing but a wonderful job of letting you know that he is going to be by your side the whole time. You felt a little better hearing him say that. Sadly, it didn't take away all of your nerves. 

                                    **

Since the ending of your pregnancy was quickly approaching, Gohan decided with you to dismiss Bulma's personal chef, and that night, he decided to cook you an intimate dinner. It's been so long since he's made dinner for you. And he cooked with his shirt off - it was going to be that kind of night. 

"What are you making for dinner tonight?"

"I thought I'd recreate the dishes we had together on our  first romantic date."

"Oooh. I remember that date. I felt so special that night."

"You looked beautiful that night. I can never forget that little black dress you were wearing. I couldn't keep my eyes off you." Both of your cheeks became completely rosy. You didn't expect him to say that but you were happy he did. There were days where feeling sexy was last on the list of feelings. But right now, you felt nothing but that even though you were in just some shorts, a t-shirt, and carrying a child inside of you. 

Dinner is going to take a little bit though. Do you mind setting the table?"

"Of course not. I'll get right on it."

"When you finish you should go relax though. I left the foot massager in front of the couch. I figured since we're close to term that your feet must be aching." That was so sweet of him. You rushed to set the table, neatly, so you can go soak your feet. You slowly rushed over to the massager and wasted no time putting your feet into the warm water. You pressed the button to get the massaging bubbles going. You felt like you were in heaven.

"How are you feeling babe?"

"Much better. Thank you, honey."

"Anything for you." That comment made your smile grow wider. He really does know how to make you feel special and comfortable. 

You slouched in your seat while holding onto your belly. You didn't even care to turn on the television. You just cared about your feet feeling comfortable. You were lucky enough that your feet didn't swell up too bad over the pregnancy but there definitely were some hard days.

From time to time, Gohan would walk over to you with a spoon carrying a little bit of food, blowing on it, for you to taste. It made you feel included. Everything was so delicious too. 

"Have you been practicing making these dishes?"

"That obvious?"

"Only because I think it tastes better than what we had on our first date." You were able to squeeze in between bites. "I'm so proud of you!"

He was already walking back to the oven and you watched as he scratched the back of his head a bit. You knew he was blushing. You smiled from ear to ear. You lived for these kinds of moments. Being alone with him and having a wonderful time doing simple things. You couldn't wait to do it with the baby. Watching the baby walk around and helping Gohan doing everyday things. 

Dressing the baby, walking with the baby, teaching the baby everything you know, and loving the baby with all your heart - you couldn't wait for it all. You felt the baby kick a little bit at that moment. You felt tears starting to come through as you remembered how scared and concerned you were at the beginning of all of this. Now that we're at the home stretch, you couldn't wait to meet the baby. 

Gohan started plating the food and you felt yourself salivate because everything smelled scrumptious. You couldn't wait anymore. 

"Dinner's ready!" 

"Yes!" You shook off the feet, dried them off, and carefully got up from the sofa. When you were fully standing up, you felt a big pain around your lower abdomen.

"Ow......"

You bent over a little and held onto your stomach. The pain continued and grew. You started feeling the pain travel to your lower back.

"Babe?" Gohan noticed you weren't okay and put everything down. He didn't waste time walking over to you to make sure you were okay. 

"Honey, are you okay?" He had his hands extended out for you in case you needed to grab on. Which you did.

"I think...I think I'm having contractions..."

"Yeah? Are they bad too much to handle?"

"Not entirely yet. But I'm so hungry. I think we should go to the hospital tonight but after we eat please."

"Of course. But let me know if the pain persists. If it gets too much then I'll fly us over and come back for the car later."

"Okay." Gohan helped walk you over to the dinner table and waited for you to sit down before carefully pushing your chair in. You remembered the breathing techniques you were taught because you didn't want to go to the hospital on an empty stomach. 

Who knows how long it would be until you were able to eat if you are going into labor. 

It didn't take you long to start eating after Gohan finished plating all of the food - nor to get halfway through the dish. The pain would dissipate but would return a while later. One of the times, the pain felt intense and you did nothing but focus on your breathing. You informed Gohan anytime it got worse since he was timing how long you'd feel pain until it faded. 

"The pain seems to be lasting a long while from each other. I think the doctor told us to head to the hospital when the contractions were becoming closer together."

"That sounds about right." You were wiping your mouth clean as you realized it was the beginning of the discomfort and pain you were going to be feeling for numerous hours. You did your best to focus on your breathing and for most of your thoughts to be on Gohan rather than all the pain you knew you were going to continue feeling.

"Was the food good?"

"This dish was sooo much better than what we had on our first date. I'm so happy you took the time out to learn how to make it for us. I love you."

"I love you too, babe. I'm just happy you enjoyed it. And! The baby is coming soon! Win! Win!" He was starting to become more excited about the baby's arrival when the contractions started becoming closer together. After cleaning up, Gohan mentioned that he was going to start getting everything ready and putting everything in the car. You nodded to indicate that you heard him and continued to rub your belly. You kept using the breathing techniques as you leaned back on the dining chair. 

You didn't even want to think about getting up yet. But you knew you had to after Gohan finished packing everything in the car.

Moments, later, he was done and only had to get you. You made sure you had on comfortable shoes before exiting the apartment. With Gohan's help, of course, he helped you get into the car. As you sat in your seat, you felt a popping sensation. You let out a  loud yelp and started feeling damp. The pain intensified. This was when the louder yelling started happening. 

Gohan rushed to get into the car because he knew it was time. 

You two were having the baby.