12

Time was passing as you two kept watching whatever cheesy Christmas movie was on. But, as time kept passing and Gohan still haven't gotten a call back from his family, you were starting to think more about where his family could be. Nothing was cooked either so many you two should start making something?

"Gohan, should we cook a little something until your family gets back? I am starting to get hungry. Or maybe we can find something to snack on?"

"Hmm. That would be a good idea. I'm getting kind of hungry myself. Let's go see if there's anything in the kitchen we can eat." He said to you standing up and already holding onto your hand. You smiled fondly.

You two made your way into the kitchen, he turned on the lights and everything looked so clean. You wowed at how nice the kitchen was.

"Gohan! Her kitchen is so pretty!"

"I know. My dad makes sure to keep it very clean how moms likes it."

"Your dad?"

"Yeah." My mom does a lot of cooking for my dad and his big appetite. So, he volunteered to make sure the kitchen is clean for her before every time she makes a meal."

"Every time?"

"Every single time. I can't recall a time the kitchen wasn't clean before mom started cooking. The kitchen would get so messy because mom would make so much food. Especially having me and Goten - we got out dad's appetite too."

You noticed.

"That's so sweet of your dad."

"Yeah. He can be a pretty sweet guy."

"I see where you get it from." You spoke to Gohan in a somewhat low, soft and raspy voice. You showed him an expression you knew he could misunderstand. He made a similar expression as he extended his arm to bring you closer to him. He held your waist with one of his arms while the other was gently resting on your chin slightly tilting it upwards towards his face.

"You love sweet guys huh?"

"I love you." Gohan winced a little at your response. Maybe he didn't expect it but no matter, his face slowly came down to yours as his lips pressed against yours. Your hands were resting on his chest and you felt the passion in this kiss. Your lips would slowly break apart from his and crash back into each other. You wrapped your arms around his neck while he picked you up and placed you on the kitchen table. He kept kissing passionately as your tongues interacted for a little bit. His hands were now on the table as your arms remained around his neck. You slowly leaned forward to kiss him on the cheek.

"It probably wouldn't be a good idea to be intimate tonight. Goten has his own room but likes to sleep in bed with me."

"Oh, he does? Well, he can depend on his big brother to protect him right?"

"Right." He said to you and he went in for one last kiss. He made sure that one lasted since who knows when he would get another chance tonight. He softly picked you on to place you back down on your feet - he'd always to do so effortlessly.

You two took a deep breath as you two started looking around the kitchen to see if there was anything to snack on; chips and some chocolate.  Gohan even started looking around to see if there were ingredients for the Christmas feast his mother has been telling him about for most of the months - there were none. As you and Gohan started exploring the kitchen more, there didn't seem to be much food here.

"Strange. There isn't much food here tonight. There's usually food here."

"Because of your dad's big appetite?"

"Because of my dad's big appetite....possibly dad accidentally ate most of the food that was supposed to be for today and everyone had to run out to get more before everywhere was sold out."

"Oh no."

"Sounds like something that would happen. When my dad is hungry and sees food, he doesn't really ask questions."

"Your mom must be so bummed though."

"Knowing her, she was probably more angry than anything else. She probably tagged along and took my brother with her to make sure my dad didn't make any mistakes."

Your head sank a bit.

"...."

"....Babe? Are you okay?"

"...she's putting so much effort into me...."

"She wants to make you feel welcome to our home."

"...wow..." You picked your head up a bit. You weren't really used to things like that. You've never met his mother but hearing all of her effort made you want to help some how.

"Gohan?"

"Yeah?"

"I want to go find your family. I want to help!"

"Huh?"

"Your mom is putting so much effort into me and she hasn't even met me yet! I want to help her buy whatever it is she's trying to buy!"

"We're not even sure that's the case."

"I know! But still! Can we....can we at least try?"

Gohan took a moment to think and took out his phone again. There were still no calls from his family. They would definitely risk missing them but then it hit him.

"You know what? Yeah. Let's go try to find them. I'll leave a note in case they do get back before us and that way my mom can call us." He said to you as he made his way over to the refrigerator where there was a magnetic notepad on one of the doors. There was also a small magnetic pen stuck on the side of the notepad. You watched as Gohan wrote down the note. When he finished, he put the pen back where it was. He asked you to put on your coat and that he was going to leave the note on the living room table. That way, it is one of the first things they see when they walk in.

Gohan put the note on the table, threw on his coat after you and made sure to have his phone and keys. Letting you exit the home first, he made sure to lock the door behind him.