08

A year can really fly by when you're busy being in love. It has been almost two years now since you and Gohan have been dating. Looking back on how things started made you feel a little nostalgic. 

"Gohan."

"Yes?"

"Do you remember our first-first date?"

"The one to the fair I picked out?"

"Yes."

"Of course."

"It was the first time you showed me that you could fly."

"I remember. I was so nervous you'd leave or I'd scare you off."

"You could never scare me off at this point. It's been too long."

You both chuckled as you two were walking down memory lane. Now, it was winter and it was snowing. It was around the holiday season and you were able to save up some money to do some Christmas shopping. Gohan actually convinced you to buy something for your parents despite not getting along with them very well. You wanted to buy something for Gohan's parents and little brother more. It took you a while to even convince Gohan to not go over to your parent's place for the holidays. You wanted to go over to see his family for Christmas and New Year's.

You two decided to go into the city to do some shopping. You didn't want to spend too much on everything so you went to an area where you knew there are plenty of small stores with plenty of cute and inexpensive products. You knew you wanted to buy Gohan's mom a cute necklace and decided to buy a similar gift for your mother; just a different pendant. 

As for Gohan's dad, Gohan just said that his dad would be happy with any kind of good food so there is no need to buy him anything. This was going to be your first time meeting his parents so if his dad is anything like Gohan, you completely believe him. As for your dad, you decided to buy him a wallet and your parent shopping was done. As for his little brother, you looked around to see what cool toys the stores had.

"Gohan. What is Goten into?"

"Hmm. Good question. He's a simple kid really. He appreciates the gesture more than the gift itself."

"Hmm. Okay." You went looking around a little and found a small action figure. You felt a little unsure about it because you haven't met Goten yet. So, you weren't too sure about the gift. But, you wanted to take a chance and bought it anyway.

Letting out a great sigh, Gohan decided to carry all the small bags for you.

"Now we have to go to a store to buy little bags to put everything in and make them look pretty."

"Sure thing. You sure I don't have to get anything for your parents?"

"Yeah. I'm going to go see them after the holidays anyway."

"Um..what if I wanted to meet them?"

"...I know you want to meet them Gohan. I'm just not sure. It's never gone well. That's why most people I know hasn't met my parents."

"I want to give them a chance." You've never been told that before. But, you can see the seriousness on Gohan's face and by the tone of his voice - this is something he really wants to do.

"Alright, Gohan. After the holidays with your family, we'll go see my family."

"Great! I'm looking forward to it."

"I know you are, honey."

After all the items that were needed were bought, you two decided to buy dinner tonight, again, before heading back to your place. You weren't sure what to get so you decided to assign Gohan on the task of getting dinner. He always knows where to find such delicious food for amazing prices! Plus, he never takes long to get the food because it seems like store owners always knew him. That part you couldn't help but to not be so surprised about. While you were waiting outside for him, you started to feel some of the melted snow from your hair slide down onto your face. It made you shiver a bit and you forgot that you didn't have a hat. Luckily, you have your hoodie and slowly stuffed your hair inside.

You left out a soft sigh to see your breath to make sure you were alive. Talking about your parents always made you feel dead inside. All the things that have happened, all the ordeals you're still not comfortable speaking about. All of it and more may come up next month when Gohan comes over. You can only imagine how that was going to go.

"Hey!" You reacted quickly hearing Gohan's voice.

"Got dinner!" 

"Yaaaay!!" You reacted as you rose your arms in the air. You felt a little excited knowing that you two are going to eat good tonight.

"Wanna fly home?"

"Sure." You said in a sweet voice. It always felt new when you and Gohan would fly home. The fact that you can do that. The fact that you are falling in love with someone who can fly. The fact that you have been flying home with him for almost two years now. Almost feels bizarre but it all makes you feel like the luckiest girl. It makes you feel like all the pain you felt and had dealt with almost feels worth it if it all lead you up to this moment; the moment where you can be with someone you love - to be slowly falling in love with someone who is so special. You say almost because you wish you didn't have to go through what you did in the first place. But, maybe you are able to enjoy and appreciate Gohan this much because of how much pain you have put up with. Maybe.

In moments, you two were back at your place. You took out your keys from your purse, unlocked the door and walked into your place first. Gohan followed suit and made sure to lock the door behind him. When you didn't expect it, Gohan grabbed you from behind and you started giggling. You still felt cold from being outside but Gohan started hugging you and kissing you. You felt Gohan laughing too in your kisses. He put down all the bags by the front door and carried you to the bedroom. You knew Gohan wanted to warm you up and you were having no complaints. You loved making love with Gohan. Especially when having those moments when you were stuck in your head.

You had been feeling for quite some time now that Gohan could notice when you're a little stuck. You'd always appreciate him guiding you out. You don't know when exactly Gohan started doing this but whenever he did, it felt natural. It felt natural to have your clothes taken off by him. It felt natural for you to slowly take off his clothes and have them all laid out on the floor. You wanted your bodies to always be this close together. You always want to tell him how much you love him and listen to him as he describes how important you are to him as he deeply kisses you and makes you feel lost in time.