46

Weeks have gone by since Sasha had come home, and she has been crying - a lot. You and Gohan did everything you too could think of to figure out why. You'd feed her formula, Gohan would change her diaper, you'd give her a warm bath, and Gohan would burp her. Gohan even tried making silly faces and nothing. 

You tried showing her some of her favorite toys, and nothing was working. You were going to go insane if you couldn't figure out why your newborn daughter was this incredibly unhappy so early, already, in her early life!

"Let me try flying with her!" Gohan shouted between the crying.

"Take her flying!?"

"Yeah! I remember when I brought her home from the hospital. She fell asleep about halfway home!"

You gasped.

"Do it, Gohan! Fly with her!"

"Okay! I'll see you in a little while! Hopefully, with a sleeping baby!" Gohan made sure Sasha was safe in his arms and flew out the window. You watched as he appeared smaller and smaller the higher he went. And that was when you heard it - nothing. It was finally quiet in the apartment.  You took the moment to bask in it because when was it going to be the next time that you could sit in silence while having a refreshing glass of water?

                                                                   **

"Awe, come on, Sasha. What's the matter? Mommy and I have done everything we could think of to help soothe you. Why are you still crying?" He only sighed.

When she looked up, she reached towards the clouds. Gohan took notice as she made baby sounds while looking up.

"You wanna go through the clouds, Sasha? I don't remember going through the clouds when coming home from the hospital with you, but it doesn't hurt." Gohan flew up over the clouds, and it didn't take Sasha long to start giggling and making more pleasant baby sounds. She had stopped crying and was now having a good time being in the sky. 

"Now that I think about it, you are a quarter saiyan. Maybe one day you'll learn how to fly, and you'll be able to come up here on your own. Then, we can fly together."

Gohan flew with Sasha for about half an hour when she slowly started getting sleepy. Gohan paused and began to slowly rock her to sleep. He felt victorious.

"Thank goodness she's asleep. Hmm, maybe I can go visit mom. It might be a good idea to give (y/n) some space for a while. I can imagine how tired she is."

                                                                       **

Being at home alone felt great but a little lonely at the same time. You were starting to think where Gohan was, but it was a little over 40 minutes. You were ready for him to be home by now with Sasha. But, you wanted more time for a little while longer.

That was when the phone rang.

"Hello?"

"(y/n)! I'm over at mom and dad's. I thought to give you a little alone time before heading back home. I hope that's okay."

"...That was very thoughtful of you, Gohan."

"I know a lot has been going on with us planning the wedding and now having Sasha. It didn't come to me until I was in the sky but whenever you need some time alone, please don't hesitate to ask me. I'd be more than happy to give you some you time."

Hearing that gave you so much reassurance and made you tear up a bit. It was just nice to hear that he still thinks of you this way.

"Thank you so much, Gohan. That means so much to me...How long are you planning to stay over there?"

"For a few hours. Sasha is asleep, though, so flying with her does seem to ease her to sleep."

"Good thing you like flying." You both giggled and finished up your phone call. Your hand stayed on the phone for a little bit after hanging up because it was taking some time to process that you were going to be alone. It was a little hard at first because you grew used to normally having Gohan around and now Sasha.

But Gohan was right. You do need some alone time. So, you went and took a nap.

                                                            **

"Gohan, want me to fix you something to eat?"

"That would be great mom, you know how much I love your cooking."

"Chichi's cooking is the best!"

"Dad, Sasha is finally sleeping."

"My bad."

"How come Sasha has had such a hard time going down?"

"We didn't know at first, but Sasha seems to love flying. Guess it's my fault for flying with her home as soon as we left the hospital."

"She's also a saiyan son. Comes natural for us."

"That could be true too."

"Well, what's important is that she's down now and you can have some peace." Chichi heated up some leftovers and served everyone and had some food ready for when Sasha wakes up.

"How's (y/n) doing?"

"She's getting there. You know it takes time after just having a baby. But I worry about her all the time. I want her to be okay, but I know she struggles with stuff here and there. I know she's doing the best she can, and I want to help her all the time. I just want her to be okay."

"It's very normal to feel that way. Especially after having a baby. It's hard."

"Yeah, dad?"

"Of course." Chichi chimed in. "It's not easy to change your life around another person so fast. I'm sure (y/n) just needs some time to readjust, and she'll feel better soon. Plus, she has you. She couldn't be luckier."

"Thanks, mom."

In a little while, Sasha woke up in a much better mood, and Chichi didn't waste any time and went to feed her. Of course, Goku watched and cooed at her. Gohan smiled, watching his parents be grandparents. He thought he should come over more often.