39

As the weeks went by, your pregnancy started feeling harder the more the baby grew. You were happy every time the baby kicked but it did weigh on you from time to time. Gohan was extremely supportive throughout the entire pregnancy. He'd draw your baths, massaged anywhere that needed to be massaged, ran a bunch of your errands and did whatever had to be done around the house. 

It made you feel useless sometimes because the bigger you became, the less you could manage on your own.  But Gohan did a great job of reassuring you anytime you felt that way.

"Don't worry about it, (y/n). You're carrying our baby! You're already doing more than enough for the both of us. I don't mind taking care of some minor stuff around the house."

 Before you knew it, it was time for you to be on maternity leave. You were thrilled because as comfortable as your new chair at work was, it wasn't cutting it anymore.

                                                                 **

It was the day before your baby shower and Gohan had been telling you everything about what he was planning to do. Hearing about how some of the things were going to go was making you feel excited about the celebration. He even asked you if you wanted a gender reveal. You told him no. You wanted to know the gender of your child after the delivery.

He was a little surprised to hear that but was glad nonetheless. He thought it would be exhilarating to know the gender of your child on the day of birth. Since you two chose not to know, you had a handful of baby names picked out. 

Some of the names if the baby is a boy are Gohan Jr., Touya, Caleb, Touma, and Souta. 

Some of the names if the baby is a girl are Yuna, Rena, Hanami, Rei, and Pan. 

You loved the baby names you and Gohan had picked out but you remember hearing stories where the parents ended up picking none of the names the day of the birth and went with a completely different name. So, you wanted to make sure that you and Gohan stayed open to that happening.

"So, I think everything is just about done for our baby shower tomorrow. I think you just have to show up."

"....What are we going to wear?..."

"Uh oh...."

"You were planning everything else that we completely forgot to buy outfits."

"Um! Okay! I think I have enough time to go buy myself an outfit but I think it would be hard for me to get something for you. Do you think you could come with me to the store?"

"If you carry me.

"That won't be a problem."

"I just hope we can find something for us. I feel so silly."

"Me too. I got so excited that I forgot about us," He said chuckling a little bit. Gohan helped you get ready and went to a clothing store that might have nice clothes for you two to wear for tomorrow.

While looking through the racks in the store, you started feeling a little self-conscious because there were many beautiful dresses that you couldn't fit into the moment that you'd love to. 

That was when Gohan pulled out a wonderful pastel long and flowy pink dress.

"(y/n), what about this dress? I saw it and thought of you."

"Oh wow." You replied walking over to the dress and holding it in your hands. The sleeves were over the shoulders and had some very nice flower details on the bottom. The fabric felt very nice and comfortable. "This is a wonderful dress Gohan. Thank you." It meant a lot to you considering you were just having a hard time. You felt fortunate to have Gohan with you. Gohan wanted to save some money and decided to spend more money on your dress and would wear something he already owns. That was when you spotted a pastel pink tie that had a similar floral detail to the dress he picked out. 

"Gohan, what do you think of this tie?"

"Oh! It matches with your dress. Let's get it." It made you blush seeing how excited he got over your find. You two bought everything you needed for tomorrow and headed back home.

"I'm glad we were able to find everything we were looking for."

"Me too. Now! Everything is ready for tomorrow. You just have to show up." Hearing him say that made you smile. You were looking forward to celebrating yours and Gohan's baby shower with everyone.

                                                                 **

Gohan woke up before you and gently woke you up. He held onto your side and gave you soft pecks on your cheeks. It felt wonderful to wake up to his kisses. 

"Good morning, (y/n)."

"Good morning, Gohan," A yawn slipped out meanwhile you were replying to him. "Today is the day."

"It is! I'm so excited!" His excitement made you giggle a little. 

"I'm so excited too. Let's start getting ready. Help me up please?"

"Of course. I gotcha."

You were about 33 weeks pregnant now. You weren't feeling too uncomfortable but you had more tiring days when you needed extra comfort. Luckily, today wasn't one of those days. 

Gohan finished helping you get ready and while you started applying your makeup, he got into the shower and started getting dressed after. You both had some breakfast together and gave each other a big kiss after finishing. Looking at the time, it was some time after noon now. The baby shower was going to start at 2 pm. 

"It's a little early but I think we can start heading out," Gohan mentioned. You agreed with him and got everything you'd need. While walking into the bedroom, you took once last glimpse at yourself in the full-length mirror. It had been a long time since the pregnancy began but, you felt very beautiful today. And, in the dress Gohan picked out for you. It made you feel very warm inside. You picked up everything you needed and walked out. Gohan was behind you and locked the door. He went ahead to open the doors for you and the car door. He made sure you were comfortable in the seat before driving off.

"We got everything?"

"I think so." You said. He held onto your hand and gave it a soft kiss before starting the car. His love for you always warmed your heart. It made you feel secure. It made you feel that no matter how tough things can get, you knew his love would be there for you.

It took about an hour to get to Bulma's house. It was almost 1 pm by the time you two pulled up to Bulma's driveway. Gohan had called her ahead of time so she was there to greet you two. 

"Hey! You two are early!"

"Yeah. We finished early so we decided to come and hang out before everyone starts arriving."

"Sounds good to me. You can go anywhere around the house. We're still adding the finishing touches to everything."

"Thank you again, Bulma for planning our baby shower with Gohan. It means so much to us, to me."

"Don't be silly, (y/n). You know I was more than happy to help." Bulma then suggested going to walk around the garden area until it was closer to 2 pm. You and Gohan walked over and you realized that you've never been to this part of the house.

"I've never seen her garden before. It's huge."

"I know. Bulma loves to go the extra mile."

"So I've seen. Does she plant these herself?"

"I think so."

"They're wonderful."

"Maybe she can give us the seeds so we can plant some flowers ourselves."

"That's a wonderful idea."