24

The next time you saw Gohan, you spoke to him about the conversation you had with your mother. You didn't mean take it so personally to the point of not going but you couldn't help yourself - you couldn't bring yourself to go. As much as you wanted to share your engagement, you didn't feel it was worth it to share it with your parents at the moment. You did explain to Gohan that they are invited but you just aren't sure when he's going to meet them. He ended up being so understanding about the whole situation. There was a lot of hugging and kissing that day. 

The entire conversation with your mother was difficult. 

It was just as difficult to bring it up as it was to talk about it. You wish it never happened. You genuinely wanted to have a good conversation with your mother this time. You wanted to try to work things out this time so that your parents could meet the man you are going to marry.

But, your mother wanted to make things about herself. There is only so much you can do about that. You and Gohan decided that you would spend New Year's with his family as well.

It actually turned out to be so amazing. His family took you to an area that has a great view of some fireworks. You remembered being so close to Gohan and cuddling up with him because it was cold outside. Your breath was taken away by the illuminations in the skies. Gohan would kiss you when you least expect him to - your first New Year's kiss.

His mother cooked so much food again and everyone had so much fun. You almost forgot that you were spending time with his family because it was never like this with yours. It was never this easy. It was always so difficult. So much negative energy constantly circulating.

You were glad that you spend another holiday with Gohan's family. It reminded you of your worth and how you should be spending the holidays - having a good time and not worry about what is the next horrible event to occur.

                                                                            **

The time had come and Gohan was ready to enter the tournament. He had trained so much and you were so proud of him. More worried than anything but proud and you let him know how you felt the whole way. You wanted to be honest with him. He didn't need to leave with anything but whatever was on his body. He decided to wear an outfit that was very similar to his father's. It was weird at first but he looked so handsome regardless. He smiled and kissed you when you told him what you thought of his outfit.

When you had everything you needed, you two flew over to Bulma's house. You two decided that was where you were going to wait for him to come back. Everyone was there already. You and Gohan were greeted by everyone and it felt so nice. Everyone was off to some big fight but their energy, it was so different than your family. You couldn't believe how enthusiastic everyone was to save the universe. Even Chichi was there and she took your hand to lead you to the table where Bulma is sitting. You didn't get to see her baby last time but this time she was holding onto her newborn. 

You asked if you could hold her and she said of course. When you held her, it was a sensation you never felt before. You couldn't remember the last time you held a baby. It felt oddly warm. It felt nice holding onto her. You watched as she slept. A piece of blue hair on her forehead. It made you think about children and how you felt about it. 

You knew just by looking at Gohan that he would want children.

You weren't sure yet because of everything you've been managing with. You never had the chance to think about children. Maybe now that your life is different and becoming healthier, there's time to think about it.

While you were returning Bulma her child, the men looked to be in some kind of panic.

"Buu is asleep!?" Goku shouted.

"I-I can fix this!" There was another man you didn't get a chance to meet who was dressed as a wrestler in brown overalls but didn't give you the impression of one. He said he could wake up another person? Creature? That you didn't get a chance to be properly introduced to. You expected to be dropped off and Gohan and everyone would have left by now. 

There seems to be a dilemma now.

"He isn't waking up and he was our tenth member! What will we do now!?" Vegeta shouted. You didn't take Vegeta to be one to be in a panic but it seems like everyone is in a panic now.

"Uh oh. Looks like Buu ate too much. When he gets like this, sometimes he doesn't wake up for days." Bulma said to you.

"Days? This isn't good then. What are the boys going to do?"

"I'm sure Goku will figure things out. He always does." You were a little surprised to hear all the faith Bulma was putting into Goku. You didn't take him for a strategist. Then, you remembered when Gohan mentioned that Goku has made plenty of friends throughout his life. Maybe he may come up with a plan to ask someone else last minute to join a life-threatening tournament with him?

"I have an idea!" Goku brought up.

"There is it," Bulma added. You only watched. Things were starting to get weird to you but let's see how things go.

"I have another person in mind who could participate. Just give me a few minutes and I'll get him. See you in a little bit." He was already leaving to get the other person but didn't mention who to anyone.

"Kakarot! You didn't say who it is!" Vegeta sounded very upset. Gohan took this time to walk over to you and took you by the hand. He lightly kissed it. You blushed and giggled.

"I'm sorry if things are getting weird."

"I don't mind at all." You ended up responding without missing a beat. Gohan took the time out to introduce you to everyone now that there was actually time to do so. Everyone seemed off but still nice in their own way. You met Krillin, his wife, and brother-in-law, you met Piccolo, someone Gohan has spoken very fondly of and there was something about him that made you feel safe. You went on to meet Hercule who turned out to be a celebrity of some kind but you've never heard of him. There was Buu but he's still sleeping and maybe for a very long time now.

There was also Tien who is a powerful monk according to Gohan and master Roshi who trained Goku when he was younger. He seems like an okay older gentleman but it didn't take long for his true colors to shine through.

You were really glad that Gohan took the time out to introduce you to everyone, as his fiance. It made you blush the whole time because it felt so surreal - you're getting married. Every time you remember you become happier.

By the time the introductions were done, Goku was back and brought someone with him. Everyone was shocked to see who it was. Even you started feeling this strong and dangerous feeling.

"Hey, everyone! I'm back! Look who I brought with me!"