45

You felt completely exhausted from just giving birth to your new daughter Sasha. A couple of nurses had come to help you back to your room where you and Gohan continued to coo at your newborn.  You and Gohan are happy with the name with her. Her eyes were closed and she was dressed in an all-white onesie, a blanket with a pink and blue striped on the sides and a cute hat that fit her a little big head. 

You couldn't help but to look under her hat, she had so much hair already, and it was dark, like her dad's. You kept giving her kisses because you knew you were going to fall asleep soon and wanted to give her as much love as possible. 

"Do you want me to bring everyone in?"

You paused to think of your answer because of how tired you're feeling. You really wanted to get some sleep soon and you knew you wouldn't with everyone around.

"I'm only not sure because of how tired I am. I really wanna get some sleep."

"Alright, then let me introduce everyone to Sasha and you get some rest."

"Isn't everyone going to be too loud?"

"That is true. I'll tell them to keep it down so you can get some rest."

"Thank you." Gohan carefully took Sasha into his arms and started admiring her. The timing of everything couldn't have been more perfect. You both have good-paying jobs, Gohan is on his way to having his dream career and you both live in a place that has enough space for Sasha. At least for now. The apartment only has one bedroom so as she gets older, moving is something to consider.

Before opening the door to let everyone in, he gave her a soft kiss on her forehead and slowly opened the door. That was when everyone began cheering but Gohan shushed everyone to cheer more quietly.

"(y/n) is trying to get some rest. She's exhausted after the delivery."

Everyone cheered with hushed voices. It was amusing to see and it made Gohan smile.

"Okay, everyone, meet baby girl Sasha." Everyone awed at the name.

"She has the cutest name Gohan." Chichi said. By now, everyone else had arrived to the hospital Vegeta, Bulma, Krillin, Andriod 17, and Piccolo. 

"Gohan, congratulations. She's beautiful."

"Thank you Mr. Piccolo."

"She is so precious!" Bulma added on. 

"Congratulations, welcome to fatherhood. I think you're gonna like it."

"Thanks, Vegeta. That means a lot coming for you." Of course, Vegeta blushed slightly. It was cute. Goku came over to get a better look at his new granddaughter. 

"I couldn't be happier for you son. She's going to be an amazing fighter just like her grandfather!"

"Daaaad." Gohan groaned. 

                                                                    **

You woke up from your nap hours later and just about everyone had gone home. 

"Hello sleepyhead, how do you feel?"

"Like shit."

"Yeah, the doctors did mention you were going to experience some physical soreness but they left us some medication for when you woke up. It'll help with the pain."

You didn't waste any time taking the medication. There was also some food on the table.

"Thank you for getting me food."

"Anytime." You took down the medicine and started eating.

"The doctors wanna keep you and Sasha overnight to run some tests and make sure everything is looking okay."

"Sounds good." You paused as you looked for Sasha and saw that she was sleeping in the little crib the hospital set up for her.

"We really had a baby."

"I know. You were amazing." You were in mid-bite when Gohan came closer to give you a big kiss on your head. 

"She's beautiful."

"She sure is."

"We did that. We made a baby...I can't wait to bring her home and show her everything. I thought for sure this was going to be the hardest thing but now that she's here, things don't feel so hard anymore."

"I'm happy you feel more at ease, (y/n). You're going to be a wonderful mother."

"Thank you, Gohan."

                                                                  **

After a few days of being in the hospital, you, Gohan, and baby girl Sasha were able to go home. Gohan made sure everything was packed and you were able to be up on your feet now that most of the pain was gone. You were holding onto Sasha while Gohan carried all of the bags to the car. You thanked your doctor and her nurses again and gave them a goodbye card you made them. 

It was the least you could do. 

After exchanging goodbyes, you made it to the car and realized that you two didn't install the car seat into the back of the car. You only looked at Gohan and he shrugged after making sure everything was in the car.

"I forgot in the midst of everything."

"We have to drive safely with her now."

"I could always fly with her and you drive the car home. What do you think?"

"Is this your way of hogging Sasha?"

"Maybe." Before you knew it, the baby was with Gohan and he was on his way home flying with Sasha in his arms and waving at you goodbye.

"Gohan!" You only sighed and got in the car. You drove home feeling bored not being with Sasha or Gohan. Then you realized that it has been a long time since you've spent some alone time with yourself. You've been surrounded by everyone and everything having to do with Sasha. Now that she's here, what are you going to keep doing with yourself?

What does motherhood mean to you? 

You and Gohan are on paternity leave now so you two have a couple of months to raise Sasha before figuring out a schedule or deciding to get a babysitter and adding that onto the budget.

As you were driving home by yourself, you realized that it has been a long time since you've driven alone and it felt kinda nice. There are plenty of things you aren't sure about right now and you reminded yourself that it was okay to not be sure. You were going to be given plenty of opportunities to figure it out all, one at a time - not all at once. 

You already knew that Gohan and Sasha were going to get to the apartment before you but it felt nice having a family to come home to. It isn't a sensation you got to feel often but that was something that was going to change from here on out. 

You smiled ear to ear most of the drive home. When you pulled into the driveway towards the parking lot of the building, you saw Gohan waving with Sasha asleep in his arms. You waved too and kept smiling. 

You were happy to have your little family.