33

Your father just informed you that your mother had left your graduation celebration. She was giving you a hard time but leaving was not something you expected to happen.

"...When did she leave?"

"About an hour ago. I'm sorry. I tried to stop her and explained to her that today is about you and Gohan but you know how she gets when she's like that - she just didn't want to hear it. She just wanted to go once she started claiming that she felt uncomfortable."

You started giggling a bit. You were surprised in your reaction to your mother leaving a celebration about you and your fiance. But, it ended up not affecting you the same way it has been since you were really young.

"You know what, dad? It's okay if mom isn't here. I'm trying to move onto a different time in my life now that I graduated college and have a job waiting for me in something that I actually enjoy and think I can make a living off of. I thought I'd be sad but I don't want to keep feeling sad every time mom decides to throw a tantrum."

You father was silent for a moment. Gohan actually overate and was rubbing his tummy. 

"Okay, honey. I thought you would have been very upset but, I agree with you. I know your mother and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of things. You and I don't agree on a lot of things either but, today is your day. I'm going to leave so that you can enjoy the rest of your day with everyone."

"You're sure dad? You can stay."

"I know I can, sweetie. I just think it's better for me to go after your mother so that she isn't by herself. Gohan's family - I feel like they're going to take good care of you. There's nothing for me nor your mother, to worry about. They all seem like lovely people."

Before your dad left, you gave him a big hug. Things felt different. You were finally starting to feel as if maybe, just maybe, things can actually improve and become healthier between you and your parents. Sadly, that time isn't now.

You didn't feel too bad though. It just felt good to know that it may happen. Your dad said goodbye to Gohan and they shook hands. He said to tell everyone else, if they asked, that he said goodbye and thank you for everything. 

You watched your dad leave and felt a single tear slide down your face. Gohan caught it and gently wiped it away. You smiled.

Nighttime fell and Bulma actually bought legal fireworks. You and Gohan were sitting away from everyone.

"I'm sorry if today felt crazy with my parents. That was basically why I had such anxiety over you meeting them."

"I completely understand. Your parents are hard. I know my parents are something but I just think it's like that with people. No one, including married couples, is ever that simple. Everyone comes with their own story and not everyone is going to understand what's happening - no matter how many times we reread the book."

You thought what he said was wise. It made you feel more love towards him. You leaned over in your chair to put your arms around him to give him a big kiss on the cheek. That was when the fireworks went off. Everyone was laughing, smiling and shouting. 

"Congratulations!" Everyone shouted as the fireworks continued boomed in the dark sky. You and Gohan were grateful for this overall, pleasant day.

                                                      **

You and Gohan were able to find a place to live together. Thanks to the help of Bulma of course. It's really hard to say no to her. Once you and Gohan started your jobs, it was easy to move in. It was then that you learned how stressful moving can be but due to your current therapist, things didn't feel too hard. It was great to have a job that helped you pay for therapy sessions. You've been in better spirits since going.

After you and Gohan moved in, you started feeling weird physically. You spoke to Gohan about it and his eyes opened wide.

"Um...you don't think that you could be pregnant...could you?" Your eyes opened wide after hearing him say that because you didn't think of that. 

"Maybe we should go to the pharmacy?"

"Yeah. Let's go."

Gohan didn't waste any time and he now, even more carefully, picked you and took you over with him to the pharmacy. You rushed in and went to the aisle known to have condoms because they also have pregnancy tests there too.

Fitting?

You took three tests because you know about the false negatives and positives things so you wanted to make sure. Actually, now being here made you think that you should go to your OBGYN to get a definitive answer about being pregnant or not but you and Gohan couldn't wait until next week which is more likely when you'll be able to get an appointment.

You went to the cashier to pay and Gohan flew you both back home. You rushed to the bathroom and hurried to sit on the toilet. You tried to pee on the stick but nothing was coming out.

"Gohan! I'm too nervous! Nothing is coming out!"

"I know! I know! I'm nervous too! I know I said before that I wanted kids but we're not even married yet!... Are we ready if it's positive?..."

"I'd like to think so?" You said as you started calming down.

"Yeah?..." He questioned sounding not entirely sure.

"Yeah..." Your voice was softer and you felt a lot calmer now too.

You started peeing right after calming down and you saw the results due to advancements in technology. There were two lines. You held your pee to grab another pregnancy test to pee on that one too.

There were two lines on that one too.

You and Gohan were going to have a baby.

"We bought three tests remember? Should we try a third time?"

You paused before answering because you were finishing using the bathroom.

"(y/n)!"

"I'm sorry, Gohan! But I really had to go! We can always leave the last test for tomorrow to be sure."

"Hmm. That sounds like a good idea. But for now...we're pregnant."

Your smile was so wide and glowing as you finished washing your hands.

"We're pregnant." You two held each other as you exchanged a beautiful big kiss.