13

Gohan thought it would be easier if he flew - so that's what we did. We flew to any of the spots Gohan knew that his mom would go to to find delicious and fresh ingredients for her dishes. He decided to go back into the city since that's where his mom would tell his dad to go.

"Do you think this is going to be a long search?"

"Not really because we'd be flying the whole time." You smiled at his response as you hair continued to get pushed back by the wind pressure. You couldn't help but smile because anytime you were flying with Gohan, that was when you were at your most ease; you didn't have a care in a world. It would always feel like you no longer dealt with anxiety and your history with depression didn't exist when you were in the air. All that existed up here is the love you two share. There have been so many times when you felt like a burden to Gohan and he would always tell you never - that you never felt like a burden. It would always make you feel dumb and silly and he'd always remind you how it's okay to be wrong sometimes, how it's okay to feel silly or dumb; that we all make mistakes. He'd always know that it wasn't your fault and he made sure to remind you that it wasn't. These things may continue to happen but at the end of it all, it's going to be okay.

You knew it was going to be okay so long as you were with Gohan.

The first top you first made was this popular spot downtown. Gohan made sure to land somewhere where he couldn't be spotted. After landing, he led the way to the first place. You two walked inside and made sure to search the entire store. Sadly, none of his family members were there.

"Looks like no one is here."

"Next place?"

"Next place."

You two left the store as Gohan informed you that the next place was walking distance. You two hurried over and search that entire store too. Again, he didn't see any of his family members. You two made it over to the next store and the store after that. It got to a point where you were already starting to get a little tired and slightly cranky since you didn't have much to eat yet. So Gohan let you stay outside while he looked around the current store. Nothing again.

You two kept walking and searching the stores in the city to have no luck.

"Are you asking the storekeepers who know your mother if they've seen her?"

"I did for some. None have seen her today."

"Oh..."

"Don't worry. We probably missed them cause we were at home and they've probably made they're way to the farms by now."

"The farms?"

"Yeah! My mother loves finding the freshest ingredients so she ended up making friends with some local farmers close to home."

"So we're going back to your area?"

"Yes, we are! Are you ready!?"

"I'm ready!" You shouted raising your arms in the air. Gohan's hands interlaced with yours as he gave you a big smooch. You were widened a bit since you didn't expect that kiss and you heavily blushed. 

"Gohaaan!"

"Sorry. I thought you looked so cute. Plus, I'm happy you've been feeling a little better." You expression went from slightly surprised to reassured.

"Thank you for looking out for me Gohan."

"Of course! Gotta make sure my lady is in tip-top shape!" You chuckled at how cheesy he was sounding but you loved that about him. You and Gohan walked over to a place where there weren't too many people. When you two were sure the coast was clear, Gohan took off. You two were back to the skies. As Gohan was focusing on where to go, you took the time out to try to relax a little bit more. You felt your heart race at the thought of meeting his family still. You just hoped that they would like you. You already knew that you loved them. They sound like the family you never had. You hope, his mother especially, would accept you so that maybe, just maybe, you can finally have the family you needed growing up.

It didn't take long for you two to get to the first farm. Gohan looked like he was about to land right in front of the farmer too.

"Gohan, the farmer will see you if you land that close."

"Oh, it's okay with the farmers. They've known my dad because of my mom for a long time so they got used to seeing us. Plus, most farmers here are much older so they brush most of the weird stuff they see off." You showed that you understood what he was saying and nodded. You only watched as Gohan landed and patiently waited for you to get off safely. Right after, he took your hand and made his way over to the farmer. He greeted the farmer and introduced you to the farmer as his girlfriend. Then, he asked if his mother had been around and he said yes, she ended up buying a whole bunch of crops and had his dad carry them all. He complimented Gohan's dad by saying that he's a very strong guy to carry all those crops with such ease. Gohan only chuckled. When they finished talking, Gohan thanked the farmer, wished the farmer happy holidays and then you two took flight again.

"Okay, great! So, my family isn't that far. Actually, at this rate, it would probably be a better idea to meet up with them at the house. Especially if my dad is flying my mom around."

"Hmm...maybe you're right. Maybe this was all for naught."

"None sense! We got to go on a little adventure together. We don't get to do that often. Even if we didn't end up finding my parents in the midst of it all, I think we still had a lot of fun." you smiled listening to his positivity. You wanted that attitude to rub off on you more.

"You know what? You're right, Gohan. We don't get to go on adventures often. Maybe we should try to do it more sometimes. And, I did have a lot of fun searching for your family with you."

At the moment, both your stomach growled loud enough for both of you to hear.

"Haha! Even if we didn't get a chance to eat. I'm starving, Gohan! Let's hurry back to your place so that I can meet your wonderful family!"

"Gotcha, captain!"