30

After Gohan came back from the tournament, he decided to stay at your place that night. You were so happy to have more alone time with him. When you two arrived at your place, you were explaining to him that you felt silly because you knew you didn't spend too much time away from him. But when he explained to you his perception of time, it was bizarre to you.

"I know it's weird but it almost felt like I was away from you for months. It's super weird."

"It is super weird. I know it was an hour but it felt longer than an hour but not by months." Then it hit you to ask where he was all that time. "Where did you fight?"

"We literally were in the middle of the universe! There is literally nothing there. That was why it was the best place to fight at because nothing could get in the way and we didn't have to worry about destroying anything."

"Whoooooa."

You were speechless. He went to the middle of the universe to fight other people from other universes. Were you beginning to get used to all of these bizarre events?

Probably a little. 

When Gohan talked about it, you can't help but believe every word he says no matter how crazy it sounds. You just know he wouldn't lie to you about anything.

He dropped off his stuff in your room and went straight to the kitchen to start cooking some food. You heard pots and pans rattling when you went into your room to pick up a book to read.

"Gohan! We just came from dinner!"

"I know but I'm hungry again! That fight took a lot out of me!"

"...I thought that was enough food." You said out loud to yourself as you walked into the living room and sat on the couch. You two were in your last year of college and you two couldn't be any more excited. You were actually in your last semester. Gohan was down to his last two. You finally decided to change your major from liberal arts to media arts during your third semester. You ended up taking an introductory class and actually fell in love with the atmosphere of everything. It could get pretty stressful from time to time but you're happy with your choice.

It also made everything less scary because now you felt more secure about landing a job after graduating. You were able to land an internship that lasted two semesters and they liked you. They offered you a part-time position which you've been able to keep up with.

Surprisingly, considering everything that has been going on.

Gohan was able to work alongside one of the most respected professors at the university and explained to the professor everything he wanted to be a part of.

Things have been settling in slowly but steadily.

Gohan was talking about really getting into ceremony planning mode after graduating. You agreed. You thought it would be a good idea to finish school, lands a couple of full-time jobs that hopefully pay well and then you two could focus on the wedding more. You were beyond excited. You remembered being so scared of your futures because so many things were up in the air.

A lot of things are still in the air but you've been trying to not let your anxiety get the better of you.

"Hey." Gohan said while having a mouth full of food. He finished cooking. You took a break from your book and let it rest on your lap while Gohan walked over and sat next to you. Still eating.

"I've been thinking about some stuff but I'm not sure how you're going to take it."

"Hmm? You know you can tell me anything. Is it serious?"

"I think so."

"What is it?"

He finished up all of his food, got up and washed it in the kitchen. You sat on the sofa full of suspense since he still hadn't told you what he'd been thinking about!

"Gohan!"

"Oh! Sorry. Sorry." He said walking back casually and sat next to you again on the sofa.

"I'm going to just say it." He placed one of his hands on your lap. "I've been thinking about kids lately. There, I said it."

You didn't expect that.

"Oh. That isn't so bad. It's normal to think about kids at some point."

"You don't think we're too young for kids? We're still kids ourselves."

"I think we're still a little inexperienced to figure out what to do with a human child but just thinking about it is different. I know I never really had a chance to think about kids because of how everything was in my life before. But now, everything is so different. Cleaner. Healthier. I feel like I can sit down and think about if I want to have kids."

"Oh wow. I didn't think of that. I'm sorry."

"No. Don't be sorry. I know it's unfortunate for me but things are different now. We found each other." You said while leaning over to give him a big kiss on the cheek.

"So, what about kids have you been thinking about?" That felt weird asking because you knew when people think about kids, they're usually thinking about being a parent. But Gohan didn't say that so you just wanted to make sure.

"...I think I want to be a dad one day. I want to raise a kid with you."

You paused for a little bit. You looked a little surprised to hear him say something like that.

"Oh wow. Didn't expect you to say something like that. That's actually so sweet. Do you really think I could be a decent mom?"

"I think you'd be a wonderful mom. Everyone has had their hardships. I think your experiences would make you an even better mom. It made you very caring and intuitive. I think you'd know how to protect our kids."

"Kids? You just said, one kid."

"Oh...I want to be open to having more than one in the future. If you think you'd be okay with more than one." He said while scratching the back of his head.

"...You really think we could raise more than one?"

"I'd like to think so..." You placed your book on the coffee table and scootched over to sit closer to him. You went to hug his waist and stayed close to him. It just felt amazing to know someone wanted to be a parent with you.

"I'm not sure yet if I could be a decent mom but so long as we're together, I'm willing to try alongside you."

"I'm glad." He put his arms around you and held you close. You didn't expect this night to become so intimate emotionally. But, you were glad it did. That was when Gohan slowly picked you up and took you into the bedroom to show you how much he missed you.