19

Goku and Vegeta were still outside speaking with each other but were silent when they heard Chichi and Bulma.

"Gohan! I didn't know you wanted to get married!" His mother exclaimed.

"I've been thinking about it for a long while now, mom. I just wanted everything to be a surprise."

"Well, we're sure are surprised!" Bulma added on.

"Congratulations big brother! Do I get to carry the ring?"

"I don't see why not."

"Hey! I wanted to carry the ring!" Trunks yelled while getting in front of Goten.

"I'm his brother! I should carry the ring!"

"How about you both share the responsibility of carrying our rings?" You spoke gently to both of them while placing your hands on their heads hoping it would help them feel a little better. You didn't want them fighting over rings that aren't even here yet.

They both pouted as they agreed.

"You two are glowing! That's why you took were gone for such a while. Gohan you sneaky devil you." Bulma said while Gohan blushed and scratched the back of his head a little.

"Thanks, Bulma. Of course, we want everyone to be there."

"Of course!" Chichi yelled in excitement.

"You two have to let me plan and buy everything," Bulma suggested.

"Buy everything?" You asked.

"Yeah! It could be my wedding gift to you two!"

"Our entire wedding!?" Gohan yelled.

"I don't see why not!" Gohan began to ponder on Bulma's generous gift idea. You looked up at him and he didn't look like he wanted to take it.

"Bulma, that's extremely generous. But, Gohan and I are only going to have one wedding. I think we should plan it together and purchases most of the things we want. I hope you can understand."

Bulma paused. A little surprised at your maturity?

"I didn't think of it that way... This is your wedding. You should do what your heart wants. Sorry. I got a little carried away."

"No worries, Bulma," Gohan chimed in sounding more relieved. "Thank you so much for offering. It's so generous of you. Still the same Bulma - always wanting to take care of everyone." She smiled.

"Anywhere, did you tell your father and my husband?"

"Yeah. We caught them outside. They seem very excited." You answered.

"My husband seems excited for something? I thought I'd never see the day." She chuckled at the thought.

"Gohan!" Goku yells while he rushed the door open and holds onto the knob. "Can I borrow you?"

"Sure dad! I'll be back." Gohan said softly to you as he kisses you on the cheek. Goten and Trunks make grossed out faces. You watched as Gohan left and Chichi rushes up to you and grabs a hold of your hands.

"We want to help you pick out your wedding dress at least! Please please, please?!"

                                     **

"A multi-universe tournament!? And if we lose our universe will be erased!"

Goku shushes Gohan.

"Don't say it so loud!" He whispered loudly.

"I haven't told your mother yet."

"You haven't!? When are you going to?! And I just got engaged, Dad!"

"I know Gohan I know. I didn't know you were going to get engaged?"

"I didn't know you were going to get involved in a tournament where universes can get erased!"

"I know Gohan but that's why you're going to be the team leader. I know you can do this!"

Gohan sighed heavily.

"When does it start?"

"A week after New Year's," Vegeta answered.

"...I don't know, dad..." Gohan felt very unsure about putting his life on the line this time.

"I think you should consult your fiance and sleep on it."

"Vegeta?..."

"You heard me. I think you should think about it."

Gohan paused.

"You have the rest of this week and the next to think about it."

"...Okay, I'll talk to (y/n) about it and think about it...thanks Vegeta. If (y/n) says no, I'm not entering the tournament."

"Would you really be okay with that?"

"We're going to begin our new lives together. I don't want to put myself at risk. I don't want her to be alone if anything happens to me."

"Would you really feel okay about not fighting for the universe? Plus! If we win! We won't die!" Goku said with an excited voice.

"I don't know, Dad. So many people are going to get erased even though we aren't allowed to kill anyone who's in the tournament. The stakes feel different this time."

"Just to give you more to ponder on, if we do lose, (y/n) would disappear with our universe."

Gohan paused as he looked very serious at what Vegeta just mentioned. He was right, (y/n) would disappear with everyone else. If we lose, we all die together. If we win, no one in our universe dies. But, Gohan can't help but feel anxious about those who may not end up following all of the rules.

"I think this is enough for now. Let us know your decision whenever you make it." Vegeta said.

 "I will. I'm going back inside now, dad. It's getting late. I'm sure (y/n) wants to start heading to bed. You have to tell mom very soon, dad."

"I will, son. Thanks for thinking about it."

"No problem. Have a good night you two."

"You too, Gohan....congratulations again!" Gohan paused before going through the door to smile at his dad and to thank him again. Then, he walked back inside. Goku lets out a heavy sigh.

"You really got us into quite the predicament, Kakarot."