26

You thought the shopping would make you feel better but it didn't - And, it showed.

"(y/n), what's the matter?" Chichi asked while all three of you were roaming around a wedding dress store.

"I guess I feel bad for going around shopping while knowing Gohan is fighting his hardest with everyone else."

"Awe. I understand. It was like that with me with Goku when we were younger. After some time, you almost grow used to them going away for a little bit"

"I will?" You didn't like the idea of getting used to Gohan randomly going away because he had to protect the Earth or the Universe. Why was that a responsibility that fell onto him? Who said he had to?

"Yeah! I think so! It was pretty bad at first but over time, Goku and I were able to find a balance with things. Goku is just always going to be the hero because he finds joy and strength in protecting his home and his loved ones." 

"Hmmm...." You thought about it for a little bit because you didn't think of it that way. You knew Gohan wanted to protect everyone but does he find some form of joy in doing so? You decided that it would probably be a good idea to talk to Gohan about it so that you could have a better understanding.

"But! I think Gohan would want you to have a good time shopping for your wedding dress. I know he's doing his best wherever he is with his father and their friends. I think, for now, all we can do is have faith in them."

"I think you're right, Chichi." You let out a long sigh. "I'm going to try my best to have a good time and to at least have a better idea of what I'd want in a dress because right now, I haven't the slightest clue."

"Weeeeell! That's why we're here!" You and Chichi turned around to see that Bulma had returned from her escapade and was accompanied by a pile of dresses in her arms and in numerous employees' arms. You were shocked to see how many dresses Bulma has picked out for you in such a short amount of time.

"...okay..."

Bulma and Chichi were sitting down sipping champagne and clinking glasses meanwhile you were picking a dress to try out first. You explained to the people assisting you that you had no idea what you wanted in a dress nor did you know the wedding dress lingo. You've heard women speaking about having a long train or those tules but you had no idea what it all meant. One of the women tried to reassure you that it was okay and they didn't mind giving you an idea of what everything looked like in order for you to pick what you liked. They explained to you that it is your big day and the last thing they wanted was for you to pick something you didn't feel happy in. But, they did warn you that they are plenty to choose from. Nonetheless, they stressed for you to take your time.

You were very grateful.

You let out a stressful sigh as you looked at everything that goes into a wedding dress. You were beginning to feel that everything was too much and went back to skimming through the dresses to see if there was anything that stuck out to you. The first handful of dresses turned out to be too plain and the next handful was too fancy and you were afraid the dress would be wearing you. It took quite some time but there was a dress you picked out that felt just right. It was a dress that wasn't white but eggshell. It was long but didn't have a train. You didn't like the idea of having a dress too long where someone could accidentally step on it. Especially since there are going to be kids running around.

The dress had a flower detail throughout the dress that appeared to be daisies and was very cute and small. On the bottom of the dress, there were more of the detail but as the detail made its way higher up the dress, the detail decreased and scattered out more. It was a long sleeved dress that had a mesh material and this dress was a mermaid style dress. The lady that was helping you the most helped you into the dress to show it to Chichi and Bulma. 

You actually felt a little strange when looking in the mirror because you thought this would be something you would be doing with your mother. You felt sad again. You wanted to do this with your mother. You didn't want to explain things to the lady and wanted to try talking to Bulma and Chichi about it.

The lady finished helping you and walked out with you to show the dress to the girls. You didn't have to hold the dress up due to the style which was great and you felt comfortable in the dress too. You walked over to the mirror and stepped up onto a small ledge to get a better view of the dress in a larger mirror. When you turned around to the girls, their faces glowed in awe.

"Hey...can I talk to you two about something?" They both looked concerned, stood up from their seats to walk over to you because they noticed this time you really wasn't feeling okay.

"Of course! Anything." Bulma answered as she held onto your hand.

"...I really thought I would have been dress shopping with my mother..."

"Why won't you?" Chichi asked.

"We've never gotten along with each other..."

"oooh..." They both answered in unison. 

"That's a toughy for us," Bulma answered.

"Hmm? How come?" You responded as you sat on the ledge. The girls sat next to you on the carpet.

"Well, we get along with both our parents. We even still see them quite often. We can't relate to you on this one. All, we can do is try to empathize with you." Bulma said.

"I understand..." You said sadly with your head hung low. Chichi rose her hand to hold your chin up.

"I don't know your mother but I'm not sure if she's the mother you need if she's not able to put whatever differences you two have in order to enjoy your time as a fiance more. This is your moment to shine and your mother should be acting like it." Your eyes widened a bit when you heard Chichi say that to you. You've never heard someone speak about your relationship with your mother like that when honestly, she was right.